Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    DSPF 2 to 2 lead edge is way off side 1 only

Re: DSPF 2 to 2 lead edge is way off side 1 only

Quote Originally Posted by dsmith46 View Post
    Just do a Sim 50-28 for the SPF. This should take care of it. If it doesn't, I would be looking at a CID.

A 50-28 was the 1st thing I did. If you read the entire thread..1-1 is dead and on 2-2, 1st side reg is way off BUT side 2 is always dead on.
    Why on earth would I look at the CIS? Side 1 is done via the scan lamp unit on the slit glass

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mttech View Post
    You can make a 2 to 2 using the glass to help see if it is a DSPF or engine problem.

So true BUT you know how that goes. Since I posted, the machine strangely works just as it should. Side 1 is now dead on and I can NOT make it do what it was before. When doing 2-2 copying I am making 3 copies but like I said, it will not do what it first was. FRUSTRATING

I believe that these feeders have had problems with staples falling down into them and causing strange registration problems. I think they have added some mylar shields to alleviate this problem. You can remove some covers and remove the feeder and shake out the debris but it sounds like it has already (fixed) itself just from opening and closing the feeder.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Copi View Post
    I believe that these feeders have had problems with staples falling down into them and causing strange registration problems. I think they have added some mylar shields to alleviate this problem. You can remove some covers and remove the feeder and shake out the debris but it sounds like it has already (fixed) itself just from opening and closing the feeder.
    Again if you read the entire post, I put that that was done before I even started this thread. Smh

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

so this only happens on side 1. can you reproduce the same random position issue by scanning from platten glass, since side 1 is read from ccd. if so then that would rule out dspf mechanical and settings and leave you with scanner drive and such. i have seen one or 2 old dragon machines with the lamp unit sticking randomly causing weird issues and fixed it by clearing the sire scanner rails and the little wheels on the scanner unit that ride on the rails and then lubing with turbine oil. i have also seen a paperclip or staple on the dspf control board cause strange issues. might also want to check wall voltage and power to the scanner motor. I have seen scanners on small machines like arm257 and mxm314 do something similar along with making a strange whining noise when scanning. when i checked voltage to the motor 24v showed only 19v. changing the dc power supply fixed it. since i dont know what machine this is on its hard to give a better answer.