Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Scanning to google one drive and sharp OSA

Howdy, hope you all are staying safe out there. I have a customer that wants to scan to their google one drive. I dont really know about google one drive. I think it is cloud storage. I have never dealt with sharp OSA before. I read their brochure about it and I think it was written for someone who already knows what it is-I dont. From what I can tell I need to get a MX-AMX2 product key to activate the OSA. Then I would need a sharp AIPgoogle drive connector. If anyone knows about this and if I got it right I would thank you for letting this Older school Dumb AZZ know a little about this. Thanks

Re: Scanning to google one drive and sharp OSA

Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive and Dropbox are all very similar. Yes they are all "cloud storage".

These programs will create a local folder on your PC and sync to the corresponding "cloud location".

So if they are only scanning to one Google Drive account, there is no need for anything special, beyond a scan destination to the local PC who is syncing to Google Drive

Something like this \\WILSON\Users\mansa\Google Drive\scans
    Once the scan reaches this folder the PC will take care of syncing with Google Drive.

Quote Originally Posted by mansart View Post
    Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive and Dropbox are all very similar. Yes they are all "cloud storage".

These programs will create a local folder on your PC and sync to the corresponding "cloud location".

So if they are only scanning to one Google Drive account, there is no need for anything special, beyond a scan destination to the local PC who is syncing to Google Drive

Something like this \\WILSON\Users\mansa\Google Drive\scans
    Once the scan reaches this folder the PC will take care of syncing with Google Drive.

Thanks Mansart, I have a understanding now of what I need to do. Sounds a lot easier than what I had come up with.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Make sure you understand what the customer is asking.

Google offers "Google Drive"

Microsoft offers "OneDrive" and OneDrive for Business"

There is no such thing as Google One Drive.

While both offer similar features the app to scan to these cloud storage services is different.

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hansen88 View Post
    Howdy, hope you all are staying safe out there. I have a customer that wants to scan to their google one drive. I dont really know about google one drive. I think it is cloud storage. I have never dealt with sharp OSA before. I read their brochure about it and I think it was written for someone who already knows what it is-I dont. From what I can tell I need to get a MX-AMX2 product key to activate the OSA. Then I would need a sharp AIPgoogle drive connector. If anyone knows about this and if I got it right I would thank you for letting this Older school Dumb AZZ know a little about this. Thanks
    What Model Sharp do you have?
    It sounds like you have an older Shard since you're asking about prod keys.

Most of the new ones have OSA right out of the box. I can tell you AIP is a pain to setup. Once AIP is setup it's makes managing the connectors on the machines easier but unless you have several Sharps onsite it's overkill. You can setup the Google drive connector from the web interface, clone the settings and import them to another similar model. Much easier than AIP.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

side note...you have to be an AIP connect integrator to get the applications for the phoenix 1 machines (3070, etc) but the phoenix 2 machine connectors are on the machine itself of available for download on idnc. also.....you cannot scan directly to a google team drive using the connector. team drive is a shared drive among coworkers or companies or whatever. you can scan to the individual users but not the team drive itself. period. its not a sharp limitation its a google platform design limit. FYI!