Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MX-2651 RSPF Scanning Issue

Lightbulb MX-2651 RSPF Scanning Issue

Hi Everybody,

I hope you're going well facing the covid-19 while repairing copiers. Toner will save us ALL!
    I need your help to solve a problem with MX-2651 scanning from RSPF.

During MX-2651 installation, Scanner locking screw was not removed, and we had a motor lock during 1st power on
    removed screw it was looking good until we discovered that on color scanning or copying the image is read with blue strikes and a little of blur in the middle of the page.

We suppose problem is in the RSPF scanning system because scanning and copying from the glass is OK, Printing is OK.

What kind of adjustments can we try to isolate the problem and then repair the issue.
    We would check simulations before changing hardware screw positions.

Here enclosed a scanned page showing the problem.

Thank you for your really kind help.
    Have a good day.
    29 rouge unpair manque.... cous cous....

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: MX-2651 RSPF Scanning Issue

Have you removed the platen glass and moved the optics all the way to the right side of the scanner unit? This is the best way to align the optics if out of place. Make sure that the mirror assemblies are all lined up and touching the metal stops and measure the distances to make sure alignment is correct.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Prints Charming's Avatar

Re: MX-2651 RSPF Scanning Issue

I would suggest checking the installation position of the document feeder, hinges and their frames.
    If you always have good copies off the glass, and the quality issue is only through the document feeder, check the document feeder to ensure it is level and not skewed when in the lowered position. I know that is unrelated to the scanner screw left in place upon installation, but you may have an unrelated problem here. I've never seen scanner damage from a lock screw accidentally left in place. The motor lock code appears very quickly before any damage can be done.
    Also check both glass sections to ensure they are correctly seated and level.
    If you have good copies off the glass, that tends to suggest the parallelism of the mirrors is OK, and leans more towards the document feeder position causing the problem.
    Have you run a shading adjustment check? You will get an error if the reference strip cannot be read correctly under the glass.
    I'd take both glass units off, check the mirrors are correct at both ends of the scanner frame, ensure the document feeder hinges and frame are all good and square. You've pretty much isolated the problem to copies only through the document feeder, so look there first.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

[SOLVED] Re: MX-2651 RSPF Scanning Issue

Thank you for your help.

It was easier than expected.

CHLDZ2368DS53 BB GD 2/3 mirror unit
    AND / OR
    PSHEZ6913FCZZ AD DD Reflection sheet

Were a little un-tightened. Solved by half screwdriver turns.
    Hope this will save someone else.

See you.
    Vince
    29 rouge unpair manque.... cous cous....