Thread: E7-11 error

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

E7-11 error

I have a MXC300W showing a recurring E7-11 error intermittently, manual says CCD Fault, anyone agree or had this themselves?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bilyahn's Avatar

Re: E7-11 error

That is correct. Do a firmware update and a white reference adjust and see where that leads. I have a unit that just randomly throws one of these only when they scan, very annoying.

Good luck.

Bil

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

[QUOTE=bilyahn;1473831]That is correct. Do a firmware update and a white reference adjust and see where that leads. I have a unit that just randomly throws one of these only when they scan, very annoying.

Good luck.

Bil, thanks for reply, the machine today is showing the E7-11 error all the time now and it wouldn’t allow me to do a firmware update with the code showing. Any ideas?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    E7-11 error

[QUOTE=Leebs14;1474214]
    Quote Originally Posted by bilyahn View Post
    That is correct. Do a firmware update and a white reference adjust and see where that leads. I have a unit that just randomly throws one of these only when they scan, very annoying.

Good luck.

Bil, thanks for reply, the machine today is showing the E7-11 error all the time now and it wouldn’t allow me to do a firmware update with the code showing. Any ideas?
    Leebs, I looked on Sharp site for any E7-11 issues related to this mfp...nothing. I hate to ask the obvious, did you clean the glass and the white reference sheet? Check AC wall current, trace and check connections internally in the mfp, if you have another unit in the shop, try switching out the lamp, if that does not work your I think your looking at board issues.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts 1stcavvet's Avatar

flip the glass over and clean the white mylar on the end there are some small white tapes on the ends of the adf glass--- that might just be on the older sharps
    probably would't hurt to clean the fog off the exposure lamp --just run a rag over it that code is the machine having a hard time seeing white levels it's looking at that white strip

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 1stcavvet View Post
    flip the glass over and clean the white mylar on the end there are some small white tapes on the ends of the adf glass--- that might just be on the older sharps
    probably would't hurt to clean the fog off the exposure lamp --just run a rag over it that code is the machine having a hard time seeing white levels it's looking at that white strip
    these models are not like thar, the scan unit is a whole unit and just to get the glass out is a full top end strip down, doc feed off and a whole host of covers and screws.thus machine has done 12K in an accountants office so cleM environment etc. I hate these little sharps I think they are crap

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    E7-11 error

Quote Originally Posted by Leebs14 View Post
    these models are not like thar, the scan unit is a whole unit and just to get the glass out is a full top end strip down, doc feed off and a whole host of covers and screws.thus machine has done 12K in an accountants office so cleM environment etc. I hate these little sharps I think they are crap
    We have always used Kyocera for desktops as opposed to these Sharps. Sharp also makes the frontier series with a totally encased optical box, which is also a pain in the ass to dissemble to clean under the glass. Kyocera does the same thing with their tabletops, I don't know why thet do not make these optics accessible?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

My techs have replaced about a dozen CIS units for random E7-11 codes on the C300W. All of them were manufactured in July 2018. So, the first digit of the serial is 8 and the last digit is 7. I complained to my RSS and got some free units from Sharp. Yet, no tech bulletin about the issue.