Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    FN18 saddle stitch jamming

Re: FN18 saddle stitch jamming

Well we replaced the finnisher main control board, the saddle stitch board has been replaced also. Has same exact problem on two different machines. After the 11th set comes out the machine will stop in the middle of the 12th. Every timeit stops in the middle of the 12th set. I know it is not the machine or paper pass unit because it does this on both pachines exactly the same. I outfitted the grounding alignment bar.I dont know what else is left.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Prints Charming's Avatar

That is very interesting.

Have you tried varying sizes of booklets, example, a 6 sheet booklet compared to a 15 sheet booklet set?
    Have you tried just half-fold mode as a copy for more than 12 sets?
    Does this happen on a copy, print or both?
    Are the successful booklets stapled & folded correctly? Is there any shift in the fold position through 1-11 sets?
    The upper staple unit definitely works without any issues?

Is there any chance you can advise the firmware for the finisher and printer? I know you said it's up to date, but it might help.

Quote Originally Posted by Prints Charming View Post
    That is very interesting.

Have you tried varying sizes of booklets, example, a 6 sheet booklet compared to a 15 sheet booklet set?
    Have you tried just half-fold mode as a copy for more than 12 sets?
    Does this happen on a copy, print or both?
    Are the successful booklets stapled & folded correctly? Is there any shift in the fold position through 1-11 sets?
    The upper staple unit definitely works without any issues?

Is there any chance you can advise the firmware for the finisher and printer? I know you said it's up to date, but it might help.
    The finnisher firmware is 01.08.02.00 and the 4110 copier that is is attatched to in our shop is the latest firmware available which was on 4-26-19 08.20.r1.mo I tried differing sizes of booklets and different paper sizes. All the same. Cust is using legal paper and just half floding so now that is how I am testing. Cust was printing,I am copying. They all come out fine-no shifting or any odd issues. I tried taking the sensor away from the exit actuator on the saddle exit tray just for something to try-ng Also I set to 10 sets and after that job started I put originals back in and set to make another 10 sets. It still stopped on the 12th set. Customer is a church,I thought if they could at least do 10 at a time and stack up the jobs that would at least let them get their booklets done but does not work either. I will try the upper staple unit,I have not checked if it does same thing.I just tested the upper stapler, it runs as many sets as you want,so the problem is only with the saddle unit.

I would try cloning the customers machine and then resetting it to factory settings.

You can then push the cloned file back into the machine so you don't loose any settings.

We finally fixed this unit. It was a bad FSPPD verticle path sensor. when that sensor is bad you get the jam code for PDPPD2-S paper pass 2 sensor and it will do 11 sets then jam on the 12th every time. Does not even make sense that it would work at all with that sensor not working.