Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Status Message by E-mail Request Setup

Any of you have any idea what this does exactly?

Re: Status Message by E-mail Request Setup

You set the schedule you want and the email address to send the information to.

The information it sends is the page counts, if you have a customer that is charged by the page count you can get them sent to you by the machine.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

I believe(I have never used) this will allow you to request the status page via email.

Standard set up tells the machine to send a status message at a predetermined interval.

With Status Message by E-mail request, it will send a status report when requested by email.

So you have to set up an email account for the copier to monitor. Example sharpcopier@mydomain.com

When the copier receives an email with a request for status the machine will reply with a status page.

I'm not sure of exact phrasing that must be used..... my assumption is that a particular phrase must be sent in either subject and/or body of email in order to trigger this response.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I use this function on all my sharps in the field, works very well, If you do set it up to receive meter readings then remember to set up for both schedule 1 and 2 and choose dates 3 days apart to straddle the weekends. We set our machines up for the 23rd & 26th of every month, so if the 23rd is on a weekend then the 26th will be a work day, hope that makes sense.

also on the newer machines MX2640 type onwards as you can also specify alert emails for low toner etc, which is useful too.

happy to help with set up instructions if you need them.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

The alerts are useful, but I wish the machines would email the entire 22-6 report.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mansart View Post
    I believe(I have never used) this will allow you to request the status page via email.

Standard set up tells the machine to send a status message at a predetermined interval.

With Status Message by E-mail request, it will send a status report when requested by email.

So you have to set up an email account for the copier to monitor. Example sharpcopier@mydomain.com

When the copier receives an email with a request for status the machine will reply with a status page.

I'm not sure of exact phrasing that must be used..... my assumption is that a particular phrase must be sent in either subject and/or body of email in order to trigger this response.
    I know how to set up the counters to email and such,

the thing i want to know is what the "advanced" tab does, as mansart understood correctly...

Has anybody found out something?

We recently became Sharp dealers, so I'm going around in the menus so that I get to have an overview of how they are structured.
    I saw that Status Message by E-mail Request setup page, compiled all the POP3 fields requested but can't find anywhere wich string I need to send to the mailbox.

I've tried things like "devicestatus?request=supply" in the mail object or body (as I found out on a Ricoh manual), I can see that the mail gets automatically read, but I get no response.

Obviously SMTP is correctly configurated and it works with no problem.
    I even asked the guy who came to our office to show us the functions but he didn't even know what that was.
    This would be very helpful given that Sharp doesn't offer any remote portal diagnostic.

Thanks in advance, cheers

...given that Sharp doesn't offer any remote portal diagnostic.
    MICAS | Document Systems | MFPs | Sharp for business (sharpusa.com)

Hello mansart,
    I know those options, but:
    1. From Italy we can't access SharpUSA (therefore no MICAS, I've already been trying to find a way to install it but didn't find a way to)
    2. SRDM installs a WebServer on a local machine in the customer site, so it's not really remote (in case we want to check on the machine status from our HQ, we would have to call the customer and connect to the machine ecc.) -> I've already installed that in our network, so I tried how that works.

With remote portal I meant something like Konica Minolta's CS Remote Care, Kyocera's KFS or Epson's ERS.
    We use exports from those portal to import status on our custom made CRM.

We often use Print Fleet Optimizer on customers whose machine does not support direct connection to a in-cloud portal, but that option means that we have to install a program on a Windows machine (so, no luck with MacOS environments)

Yes, I know that mail reports can be configured and we are already working on a way to import these mail reports too, but it would be useful to have a real-time status report when needed (and to say it all, I've been trying to find some info on this function for days and now has become more of a personal matter )

Thanks for the answer and sorry if I wasn't very specific before.

Cheers