Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Sharp MX  B402 /PRIMARY TRANSFER UNIT

Sharp MX B402 /PRIMARY TRANSFER UNIT

Hi
    Hope everyone is safe and well.I did my first 2 service calls in six weeks and probably should have stayed in lockdown.
    One of those days,but at least I heard the alarm this AM,that always a plus.
    I replaced the primary transfer belt unit on a Sharp MX B402 today.I have only seen this model once before.I put in a
    unit that came directly from Sharp.The old belt unit had some lines on it,The NEW belt unit as soon as I put in machine
    gave me completely BLANK copies.I tried a coule of times to put in machine but always blsank.When I put old unit bsack in
    it prints again except with some lines.I took the charger and cleaner blade unit off the new unit(BECAUSE It was easy enough) and they worked
    fine on old unit ,no blanks.This was my first time replacing A Primary transfer unit in this model,Was there anything else I was supposed th
    do when putting a new unit in machine.. All contacts and contact springs seem ok on new unit. ANY HELP GREATLY APPRECIATED
    thank you in advance
    ANDY

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Re: Sharp MX B402 /PRIMARY TRANSFER UNIT

It's very common for the primary transfer rollers to drop out of the unit during shipping. So the thing to do is loosen up the belt enough to look inside and reposition any/all of the primary transfer rollers.

You were quite lucky. On one unit one of the primary transfer rollers turned crossways and poked a hole in the belt during installation. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

I've seen a few of those units that were blank on one side. The mechanism that lifts the charge roller away from the drum had broken where it attached to the frame of the unit, so it was only against the drum on one side. Since it was the frame that was broken, we had to replace the whole primary transfer assembly.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Damn, this will drive crazy. I think it has something to do with the waste bottle engaging a doohickey. Maybe even in a bulletin. I'll check.

Hey Blackcat +rspicer
    THANK YOU for the VERY FAST help . I will be heading back to the customer eitherTuesday or Wenesday and Ill check the unit a little close.
    It looks like it couldnt have been manufactured any cheeper ,one plastic piece after the other
    ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND AND BE AT PEACE AND SAFE
    ANDY

HI JR2ALTA
    Im not sure I understand your reply.The problem is with THE NEW transfer assembly ,the old one works(PRINTS COPIES)
    The new one prints (BLANKS)
    Andy

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Well, sure if you're belt is bad I'd advise to just get a new one.

But I recall something regarding this model and blank copies. The laser shutter not being engaged. Because even with a bad belt you shouldn't get totally blank, that's more laser.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Oh yeah, I have seen the shutter problem too. Thanks for the reminder. When the waste toner is installed, it doesn't push the actuator in far enough to open the shutter all the way. We had a problem once with some waste toner containers purchased from Katun that seemed to be slightly thinner than OEM and would not actuate the shutter. We taped a wad of paper on the backside of the container, and it worked temporarily. I have also see Techs remove the shutter because of so many problems.

Hi again
    THANK YOU ALL for the help,Im returning to the customer today and will let you know how it turns out.I am planning on also cleaning the optics/scanner
    because it appesars some lines are coming from optics when they scan.I have never done this before on this machine .Frpom the serevice manual it looks a little confusing on how
    to do this, Is it as big a pain as it appears in manual?Does the doc feed need to be taken off of the machine? Any help appreciated .
    Thanks for your patience with me and help
    Andy

Technician

MXB402SC models have a scanner in the adf. MX-B402 models do not. IF you MUST clean the optics in the engine, YES, it is a royal pain because not only do you have to remove the adf, but you have to remove the entire optic box from the engine to take it apart. So be sure that is where your problem is, before attempting. first time took me about 2 hours.