Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: MX4071 PHOENIX II SERIES E7-90 codes

We had another client where the machine just went offline, no errors.

since we put it in a different VLAN, de machine works perfectly,.

But again...dont know why

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Go into the print driver, properties, port settings and change the default off RAW to LPR, check the box for byte counting and name the queue ( I usually use "lp"), apply.
    You have 2 options here: pull the print and job logs to find a "pattern" or set up packet capture.
    Curious, do these machine have fax kits by chance...?

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts mloudy's Avatar

I was told by our rep that an E7-90 error is the result of poor power conditions. We have only seen it at one location on both of their machines. The previous machines that we had at this location also had E7-90 errors. They definitely have crap power. We have Innovolts installed and the disturbances recorded are constant but to date they will do nothing about it. I am not sure if any of the reported disturbances from the Innovolts are the issue because I have been unable to cross reference a date/time of a disturbance with an E7-90 reported to MICAS. The one thing I cannot know is if there are drops in current. We don't have anything that will record a low current event.

I will say that current drops have been suspected in several issues in the past. Power quality read by our Fluke VR1710 were normal but we were told by Sharp that it didn't matter because it was a low current issue that the Fluke could not record. Filtering the power was pointless. Adding a buck & boost was also pointless. While a B&B might compensate momentarily for a voltage drop it could not increase amperage. If it isn't there it isn't there. In these cases we have been able to get the customer to run a dedicated line with the proper gauge wiring and all the problems went away.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mojorolla View Post
    Go into the print driver, properties, port settings and change the default off RAW to LPR, check the box for byte counting and name the queue ( I usually use "lp"), apply.
    You have 2 options here: pull the print and job logs to find a "pattern" or set up packet capture.
    Curious, do these machine have fax kits by chance...?

Logs show nothing.
    mx3071 has no fax...mxc304w off course does but isnt beeing used.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mloudy View Post
    I was told by our rep that an E7-90 error is the result of poor power conditions. We have only seen it at one location on both of their machines. The previous machines that we had at this location also had E7-90 errors. They definitely have crap power. We have Innovolts installed and the disturbances recorded are constant but to date they will do nothing about it. I am not sure if any of the reported disturbances from the Innovolts are the issue because I have been unable to cross reference a date/time of a disturbance with an E7-90 reported to MICAS. The one thing I cannot know is if there are drops in current. We don't have anything that will record a low current event.

I will say that current drops have been suspected in several issues in the past. Power quality read by our Fluke VR1710 were normal but we were told by Sharp that it didn't matter because it was a low current issue that the Fluke could not record. Filtering the power was pointless. Adding a buck & boost was also pointless. While a B&B might compensate momentarily for a voltage drop it could not increase amperage. If it isn't there it isn't there. In these cases we have been able to get the customer to run a dedicated line with the proper gauge wiring and all the problems went away.
    Dont think this will work because of the “other VLAN” thingy i mentioned...in both cases.

Sharp told us a bunch of stuff too...but most of the time they’re just guessing as usual...

The moment you put them in another VLAN, problems dissapear.

If you put them back, problems come back, so this must be a network issue.

Both cases are big clients with large networks and different sites/locations.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts mloudy's Avatar

You will next be told to do a packet capture using an old style hub instead of a switch and analyze with Wireshark. I have idea what this means and we have never done it but it has been mentioned to us several times.

Long time Sharp tech/ new user looking through this. Any updates to this out there?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Hello, KDR363

I am wonderring if there was a resolution to this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by jon jennings View Post
    Hello, KDR363

I am wonderring if there was a resolution to this problem.

No resolution from my point of view. Still seeing e7-80 and e7-90/power issues on the mx4070 type and 4071 type. Some intermittent, some more persistent.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MX4071 PHOENIX II SERIES E7-90 codes

Quote Originally Posted by GJG View Post
    No resolution from my point of view. Still seeing e7-80 and e7-90/power issues on the mx4070 type and 4071 type. Some intermittent, some more persistent.
    Is it just on the 40 ppm and higher? Or are the 35ppm and lower having these issues as well? If it's power related would putting them on a dedicated 20amp outlet resolve the issue?