Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    MX-3610 color and calibration problem.

Re: MX-3610 color and calibration problem.

Quote Originally Posted by copiertec View Post
    Are they OEM toners? Also, did you run 25-1? If so what were your results?
    I did not run 25-1 I have run that mode on other machines before but I am not sure what it is telling me. I understand what it is telling me but I dont know what good readings are vs bad. What is good? When I go back I will check.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hansen88 View Post
    I did not run 25-1 I have run that mode on other machines before but I am not sure what it is telling me. I understand what it is telling me but I dont know what good readings are vs bad. What is good? When I go back I will check.
    You need to remove all the toners before running this sim. It will run for about 3 minutes and it will give you a toner density range, they should read around 128.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts JLSam's Avatar

After new developer, remove toners.

Then run Sim's in this order >>> 25-2/ 50-22 (Correct any "ng")/ 44-2/ 44-6/ 44-27/ 44-26/ 61-13 (If applicable)/ 61-11 (For light, middle, dark-if applicable)/ 46-74 (if not available, then 46-24 x3).

Good luck man.

Quote Originally Posted by JLSam View Post

Then run Sim's in this order >>> 25-2/ 50-22 (Correct any "ng")/ 44-2/ 44-6/ 44-27/ 44-26/ 61-13 (If applicable)/ 61-11 (For light, middle, dark-if applicable)/ 46-74 (if not available, then 46-24 x3).

Good luck man.
    Thanks,will be going back sometime soon. Its a hotel and they are not open yet because of the virus and it takes some scheduling to get in there.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JLSam View Post

Good luck man.
    I haven't used the 61-11/ 13. Is this applicable only in situations where colors may be light, assuming all other calibrations have been executed? What situations should these sims be used or in what situations have you found it to be useful?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts JLSam's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copiertec View Post
    I haven't used the 61-11/ 13. Is this applicable only in situations where colors may be light, assuming all other calibrations have been executed? What situations should these sims be used or in what situations have you found it to be useful?

No, it should be used as part of your maintenance routine when changing a drum/ charger/ or transfer. Anything relating to image quality. It's true that there are cases, especially in the 2640/3140/3640 where front and rear halftones would be uneven. 61-11 was made to correct that.

But those sims are to be done as part of routine maintenance. They only take 5 minutes tops all together, 8 mins if you do sim 25-2. But the reduced callbacks are worth the extra time providing TLC.

You should look at the Handy Guide provided by Sharp Corp.
    Look at page 14-15 in this one, hope it helps you.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Dumb question....Did you happen to check the density on the print and copy settings and make sure they are on defaults? I had a tech who wouldnt change out supplies and reset the counters...and when the machine had quality issues he would just turn up exposure in the copy/print settings. Then when another tech went out he would calibrate it but it would not calibrate. So make sure its on defaults. ALSO>>>>You need a calibration jig to properly do a calibration on this machine. Make sure you are using one. I cannot tell you how many strange issues I have fixed by just using a fig and doing calibration to the letter.

I have also fixed a ton of copy quality issues by replacing the PTC. Most companies just dont replace as part as maintenance and this causes issues over time...and the bad part is that PTC units are cheap. Way cheaper than the service call or calls they cause by not changing them.

Quote Originally Posted by repn1999 View Post
    Dumb question....Did you happen to check the density on the print and copy settings and make sure they are on defaults? I had a tech who wouldnt change out supplies and reset the counters...and when the machine had quality issues he would just turn up exposure in the copy/print settings. Then when another tech went out he would calibrate it but it would not calibrate. So make sure its on defaults. ALSO>>>>You need a calibration jig to properly do a calibration on this machine. Make sure you are using one. I cannot tell you how many strange issues I have fixed by just using a fig and doing calibration to the letter.

I have also fixed a ton of copy quality issues by replacing the PTC. Most companies just dont replace as part as maintenance and this causes issues over time...and the bad part is that PTC units are cheap. Way cheaper than the service call or calls they cause by not changing them.
    I should have posted,but I changed the color registration sensors and when I ran all the 44 settings the quality came back. Still though when I try to do the 46-74 calibration it keeps saying to put the chart on glass,will not work. Copies go back to all washed out. I reran the 44 settings and quality came back. For now I am calling it good. Customer is way behind on their bill. Not gonna spend any more time there. Copies look good at least so they are all set.

Repair God? not quite 100+ Posts fireater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hansen88 View Post
    I should have posted,but I changed the color registration sensors and when I ran all the 44 settings the quality came back. Still though when I try to do the 46-74 calibration it keeps saying to put the chart on glass,will not work. Copies go back to all washed out. I reran the 44 settings and quality came back. For now I am calling it good. Customer is way behind on their bill. Not gonna spend any more time there. Copies look good at least so they are all set.
    well toner is applied to transfer belt and process sensors look at patches on transfer belt. could belt be work out? always start with a proper pm .. new dev drums transfer belt and run calibrations as stated on manuals first.

guessing with used parts is not always your best friend
    I fix copiers ...Well Sorta

Post Re: MX-3610 color and calibration problem.

Just had a weird issue like yours caused by 2 separate issues. First issue was all the toner transport pipe seals were missing seals so they were all dumping on t/c pwb. Would have washed out copies/prints, would reinsert all developer and drum units and would come back for a while, then go faint again. Replaced all toner transport seals and ended up replacing lsu unit and cleaned t/c pwb . So far everything works great.. good Luck!