Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    MX-3610 color and calibration problem.

This machine has very light washed out color copies. Black is fine. All maint. is up to date. When trying to do a calibration the printout is light ans machine keeps saying to put sheet on glass. Maybe it is too light to work. Machine was also in a mode where it seemed like it was adding toner and would not stop. I turned on developer check disable and then machine would come to ready. The next day I brought color developers from a working machine just to see what they looked like. Sample shown is nice solid colors,but obviosly needed calibration. I tried to run 46-74 and still had the problem where id said to put sheet on glass,so would not do calibration. Now after trying to run calicration the color copies are all light washed out looking like the original developers. I tried a different primary transfer unit,a different laser unit. I ran 50-28 50-22 In 50-22 they say ok but it errors out with,sorry,thought I took a pic of screen,guess I didnt. I did the normal sim 44 and 46 stuff. Seems like there is two problems,one with the calibration keep saying to put document on glass and the light color copies that with different developers started out looking good and then after trying to calibrate they went light also. Thanks for any suggestions.

Re: MX-3610 color and calibration problem.

If I was having that problem, I would try different PCU Pwb, due to unusual issues with reading paper on glass and seems like your having some process control issues!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Looks like a problem with solids calibration. You said normal 44 stuff was done. Does that include 44-2, 44-6, 44-27 and 44-26 in that order?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hansen88 View Post
    This machine has very light washed out color copies. Black is fine. All maint. is up to date. When trying to do a calibration the printout is light ans machine keeps saying to put sheet on glass. Maybe it is too light to work. Machine was also in a mode where it seemed like it was adding toner and would not stop. I turned on developer check disable and then machine would come to ready. The next day I brought color developers from a working machine just to see what they looked like. Sample shown is nice solid colors,but obviosly needed calibration. I tried to run 46-74 and still had the problem where id said to put sheet on glass,so would not do calibration. Now after trying to run calicration the color copies are all light washed out looking like the original developers. I tried a different primary transfer unit,a different laser unit. I ran 50-28 50-22 In 50-22 they say ok but it errors out with,sorry,thought I took a pic of screen,guess I didnt. I did the normal sim 44 and 46 stuff. Seems like there is two problems,one with the calibration keep saying to put document on glass and the light color copies that with different developers started out looking good and then after trying to calibrate they went light also. Thanks for any suggestions.
    did you clean all optics in the scanner section?

laser shield glass?

cleaning is the first step to calibrations.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Hi

clean both sensor for color + black registration and then 46-74

It works

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Did you say the mfp errors out in sim 50-22? If so what error?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Thanks for the replies. The code when doing 50-22 was like Data_sub ect,ect. I found a bulliten saying to set A to I in 50-20 to 100,execute then run the 50-22 again. I did that and 50-22 completed without error. As far as the other problem with the light color copies and calibration errors,I did 44-2,6,27,26 in order. Did clean optics and laser shield glass and even the whole laser since I had one. I didnt try a PCU board yet because I dont have one. I cleaned the bk and color registration sensors. When I try to do the 46-74 it prints out the chart,which is light and when I put it on the glass it scans it then says to put chart on glass like it didnt see it. When I do 50-28 it does see those charts as well as originals put on glass. Next time I go there I may try replacing the color registration sensors.

Does the wall outlet have proper voltage and a good ground? Any other devices drawing from that circuit? Before replacing the PCU board I would try replacing the PTC kit and Secondary transfer unit, sometimes those secondary belts stretch over time and will not turn properly because they are too loose. If you can put your hand on the belt, lightly, and turn the gears and the belt stops turning chances are it needs replacing and could possibly cause issues.

46-74 Will not complete and will tell you to place the original on the glass if the page you put on the glass does not have solids.

Are they OEM toners? Also, did you run 25-1? If so what were your results?