Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    MX-3050N cant calibrate or print out any self prints or 22-06

Hello, This machine initially had a E7-93. I replaced the MSATA which kept the code from comming back but then it would not go into system settings from the control panel or through the web interface. I then installed a new hard drive and it fixed that problem. Now it has problem of not being to calibrate,it says test patch printing in progress but nothing comes out. Also no self prints will come out,22-06 wont print out. I talked to tech support and they told me to replace the MFPC board. I replaced that and it made no difference. I have installed the latest firmware.Not sure where to go next.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: MX-3050N cant calibrate or print out any self prints or 22-06

When installed the new hdd, did you make a back up and then reinstalled it on the new hdd, or did you install the new hdd and then apply the latest firmware, e manual, watermark, etc?
    The reason I ask is I had a very similar issue on a 3640N, I could not access any of my sims, everything else would work just fine, copying, printing and scanning and the copier would go into sim mode, but I could not execute any sims. 1) I installed an sd card- no change 2) I backed up all my hdd data, installed a new hdd and reinstalled saved data- no change 3) I installed a new hdd but just installed emanual, watermark and current firmware and it worked, I was able to access the sims.
    It does not make sense to me, but it worked, of course I had to reinstall user data, but I was lucky because they are using Sharpdesk and it was just a matter of going to each pc and reinstall address book.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copiertec View Post
    When installed the new hdd, did you make a back up and then reinstalled it on the new hdd, or did you install the new hdd and then apply the latest firmware, e manual, watermark, etc?
    The reason I ask is I had a very similar issue on a 3640N, I could not access any of my sims, everything else would work just fine, copying, printing and scanning and the copier would go into sim mode, but I could not execute any sims. 1) I installed an sd card- no change 2) I backed up all my hdd data, installed a new hdd and reinstalled saved data- no change 3) I installed a new hdd but just installed emanual, watermark and current firmware and it worked, I was able to access the sims.
    It does not make sense to me, but it worked, of course I had to reinstall user data, but I was lucky because they are using Sharpdesk and it was just a matter of going to each pc and reinstall address book.
    Thanks for the reply. I did do a backup and unless i missed something when installing the hard drive I went by the steps in the manual. This gives me something to think about. Been to the customer many times and the machine had been pretty trouble free before this. Gonna try to get a couple ideas before I go back and hope next time is it for a while.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Just try a new hdd, then instead of using sim 56-2 to back up the data, just install emanual, production, ocr-cid and watermark firmware and see if you are able to access the sims at that point in time. Then I would manually try reinstalling the address book entries manually.

Repair God? not quite 100+ Posts fireater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hansen88 View Post
    Hello, This machine initially had a E7-93. I replaced the MSATA which kept the code from comming back but then it would not go into system settings from the control panel or through the web interface. I then installed a new hard drive and it fixed that problem. Now it has problem of not being to calibrate,it says test patch printing in progress but nothing comes out. Also no self prints will come out,22-06 wont print out. I talked to tech support and they told me to replace the MFPC board. I replaced that and it made no difference. I have installed the latest firmware.Not sure where to go next.
    Also as a last resort try emergency firmware recovery with dip switches. it has fixed a few odd issues with these new copiers
    I fix copiers ...Well Sorta

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Hansen88 View Post
    I'm wondering what was ultimately your fix. I have an MX3050N that was throwing E7-93, but last one was about 3 weeks ago. However, like you, I cannot print 22-6/23-2/64-5, or get into settings from home screen (just says Please wait). Also had one U2-41 since then. Based on that plus what other people mentioned, leaning to hard drive, but wondering if that with no backup was the key.

I used to get this error often.
    My work around was this .

Go to 50-20 and change the first 9 in the list to 100.
    Reboot the machine then try 50-22 again.
    It should work

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Simulation 56 will allow you to extract report to a USB drive if the machine is unable to print.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!