Senior Tech 250+ Posts

MX2610 won't scan to network folder or email?

Hey all, I have an odd one here, spent an hour there today but had to leave as other things in my diary and have to go back next week.

Customer had a new server and their IT peeps set up new scan folders and set the Sharp machine up as they have done this before but the scans dont work, i went there today updated firmware to latest level and tried the scan to folder again and keep getting ' Network error. (Timeout error), I checked the settings/ fodler name, path and credentials and they look and work fine accessing the folder from the pc, but the Sharp just will not scan. So thinking Ill help them out I set up scan to email quickly with known good settings as we use our own SMTP Server, then when scan to emails i get this message 'Communication to Selected Server is lost while sending image' all settings are good and im at a loss as to why both scan set ups are failing?

Help??

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Re: MX2610 won't scan to network folder or email?

Pull the error log from the machine. It will list a code and indicate a general sense of what is wrong (password / username, cant resolve, etc.). Check the DNS and default gateways.
    You mentioned a newly installed server so outbound network traffic should be checked. For SMB scanning, check what versions are supported as this is a known issue with scanning to Windows PC's.
    Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    MX2610 won't scan to network folder or email?

Re: MX2610 won't scan to network folder or email?

Scan to Folder.....

MX2610 only supports SMB v1

New server will have SMB v1 disabled

Even with most current firmware 2610 only supports SMB v1