Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    MX-C304W admin password reset not possible

Re: MX-C304W admin password reset not possible

I think it did affect you, your machine didn't have a way to reset it correct? Anyways it hasnt been too bad for us. Sharp doesnt charge us but, we do charge customers if they have us go more than once to reset a password on the same machine.

You are right, but it's still only because of CA law, they just decided to apply it to the rest of the world
    which most probably conflicts with the odd law somewhere else on the planet.
    This is not just copiers, the drama gets bigger and bigger everywhere, cars, trucks, machinery, you name it.

I am a 60's kid and some of that recent nonsense just doesn't make sense to me, other than commercial
    reasons, of course

At least they don't charge you, but i think there is another US law which prohibits such charges.

Am i right in the assumption that this is not a just-in-time service, so you have to visit the customer
    twice to unlock his machine ?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    MX-C304W admin password reset not possible

Yes, unless you can get the customer to give you the code remotely , because you’re supposed to be at the machine and read the code to Sharp hotline. Then they email you a code to reset it.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dynoguy View Post
    Hello,

recently acquired a Sharp MX-C304W from an auction. Machine is in great condition and works just fine.
    The problem is that there is no one left to ask what the admin password is as the company is dissolved.

I need to change the network settings as these are absolutely unsuitale for my network configuration.
    Tried the usual Sim 24-30, but the 30 is refused with the double beep, so i assume it's actually not there
    instead of simply hidden. Neither 30 nor 31 is listed in the 24 sub-menu.
    I also tried all the switches on the mainboard in different combinations, no luck, reset just won't work
    and none od the switch combination enables the desired sim mode.
    Service login works just fine with standard service password, but no way to change network settings
    there.

I am not a Sharp Tech and my epertise lies more in the old and heavy stuff where toner came in bottles
    and service modes were enabled with jumper wires instead of punching magic numbers on touch screens.

Tried to contact Sharp, but (politely speaking) they are not exactly helpful.

Any help would be much appreciated.

cheers, Mike
    " Go to another machine (MX 5141) model doesn't matter. Go to Storage backup. Choose User Register Information. Create backup. Go to the MX 5070, type IP address. Go to (IP address /service_login.HTML), Password is service. Go to device Cloning. Send the backup you made to the machine and the password will be reset. "

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Momiowilove's Avatar

First check your system board and set the dipswicth 2. Turn off the machine and turn on. You wull see the message reset administrator password and service password. Choose the reset administrator password and then turn off the machine and turn the dipswicth 2 to normal. And then if you open the machine. Log in the administrator and type the password admin. It will ipen the administrator password and you wullychoose if you like to enable or disable the administrator password.

Sent from my RNE-L22 using Tapatalk

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Momiowilove's Avatar

24-30 will appear if you turn the dipswicth 2. (24-30 is for the administrator password reset)

Quote Originally Posted by Momiowilove View Post
    24-30 will appear if you turn the dipswicth 2. (24-30 is for the administrator password reset)

Thanks for your reply,
    i am aware of all this, but it seems this does not work anymore on recent machines ( install date is Jul 2019), read the comments from romang earlier in this thread, that's at least a possible explanation why Sharp has removed that backdoor.

I solved my issue in the meantime, see earlier in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dynoguy View Post
    Thanks for your reply.

There is in fact an 8 digit code you can read out, the irony is that i emailed this including purchase
    history and machine serial number to Sharp tech support, they just can't be bothered to help.
    This thing is just 13 months old, but it seems after sales does not really exist.

I am pretty sure there is a workaround, also the machine has no security kit installed,
    I think it just needs the right person with the right knowledge.
    I already pulled the 24C256 EEPROM and replaced it by a blank, it powered up with a fault
    and when i put the original back it took a while to boot and then the screen looked somewhat
    different, so perhaps that's something to have a closer look at.
    From my experience, you need to call Sharp directly and set up a Dealer Ticket/Service Ticket. It takes up to a day to get the Product Key in your email.