Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    257
    Rep Power
    28

    MX-FN17 - Marks on back of pages

    Have two marks on backside of pages which appear to be caused by the bunch rollers in the MX-FN17. Their location never changes when it happens and is in the middle of the page and the majority of the mark can be wiped away. Timing issue? Sensor issue? Changed the bunch rollers and tried 3 different finishers to no avail. Also updated/checked machine and finisher firmware. Any ideas?

  2. #2
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    MX-FN17 - Marks on back of pages

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    9,492
    Rep Power
    219

    Re: MX-FN17 - Marks on back of pages

    Quote Originally Posted by oeshuron View Post
    Have two marks on backside of pages which appear to be caused by the bunch rollers in the MX-FN17. Their location never changes when it happens and is in the middle of the page and the majority of the mark can be wiped away. Timing issue? Sensor issue? Changed the bunch rollers and tried 3 different finishers to no avail. Also updated/checked machine and finisher firmware. Any ideas?
    check the fuser

  3. #3
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    MX-FN17 - Marks on back of pages


    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Waukegan IL
    Posts
    460
    Rep Power
    32

    Re: MX-FN17 - Marks on back of pages

    Try to stop paper before it gets to the finnisher and see if the marks are there.

  4. #4
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    257
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: MX-FN17 - Marks on back of pages

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    check the fuser
    See below.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hansen88 View Post
    Try to stop paper before it gets to the finnisher and see if the marks are there.
    Marks do not appear until after fuser. Hence the reasoning for trying 3 different finishers. We are thinking of trying different paper.

  5. #5
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    257
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: MX-FN17 - Marks on back of pages

    Tried different fuser unit as well as different paper and did not resolve the issue.

  6. #6
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts driving lots of miles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    252
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: MX-FN17 - Marks on back of pages

    If it is not the finisher or the fuser and the marks come after the fuser it has to come from the paper path between the fuser and finisher, so I would start dissembling that area and cleaning everything there. It could be toner build up along the paper path transferring to the warm paper.

  7. #7
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    MX-FN17 - Marks on back of pages

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    9,492
    Rep Power
    219

    Re: MX-FN17 - Marks on back of pages

    Quote Originally Posted by driving lots of miles View Post
    If it is not the finisher or the fuser and the marks come after the fuser it has to come from the paper path between the fuser and finisher, so I would start dissembling that area and cleaning everything there. It could be toner build up along the paper path transferring to the warm paper.
    if there are FOAM rollers in there they could be covered in toner...

  8. #8
    The Wolf 1,000+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    C-town
    Posts
    1,764
    Rep Power
    61

    Re: MX-FN17 - Marks on back of pages

    I believe there are a few bulletins regarding this and the replacement, re-arrangement of the foam rollers at exit. Its been a while but I seem to remember the foam rollers are completely removed when a finisher is added....


    Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here