Question LCC_ERR error on MX1054 with LC13

Replaced LC13 main pwb and power supply PWB, Replaced all 4 clutches in lc13 per Sharp support, also replaced sensor that detects lcc and copier connected, and replaced 1054's PCU PWB. Machine will go weeks without any error codes, then once starts acting up there will be about 25 errors throughout a day or two days. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Re: LCC_ERR error on MX1054 with LC13

And yes the Firmware is updated to the latest version that was supposed to fix this issue!!!!!!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts JLSam's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dcopyman View Post
    Replaced LC13 main pwb and power supply PWB, Replaced all 4 clutches in lc13 per Sharp support, also replaced sensor that detects lcc and copier connected, and replaced 1054's PCU PWB. Machine will go weeks without any error codes, then once starts acting up there will be about 25 errors throughout a day or two days. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcopyman View Post
    And yes the Firmware is updated to the latest version that was supposed to fix this issue!!!!!!
    To be frank I have never worked with this model before, nor have I have experienced this issue, but I'll give my two cents.

I see that you followed MFP-TB-732 then, and did the firmware upgrade, good.

Could you please post the 22-6? It would help if we can see more error codes, and jam codes as well. Also, to see the firmware for each specific option.

Questions!

Look like this MFP requires 20AMPS at 120v. Do you have a 20AMP outlet? Have you tested the outlet to make sure you are getting 120v?
    Could be an issue with power. Are you having outages? The end user might say no, so maybe you should install a power filter. I have seen MANY mfps have weird errors due to lack of minimum power requirements.
    Get a power filter with that monitors surges, overages and power outages. They may need an electrician first, before you repair the MFP or the code will come back again. I speak from experience.

We use these!
    ESP Next Gen Surge Protector/Noise Filter/Power Monitor (Model# XG-PCS-15D) 120 Volt, 15 Amp

Also, you said you replaced the MFP PWB... ok, but... according the service manual on page 443, the LCC is connected to the PCU PWB. You might need to replace that board along with the harness associated with CN14.
    How about the Option DC PWB in page 457? And the associated cable harness at CN7 and CN8? Looks like PIN #5 goes to the LCC. CN4 has pins #1 and 6 going to LCC too.

Lastly, I must ask, are you sure they are putting paper correctly? I have seen some weird errors because when the customer refills the paper trays, a few documents get folded at the edge causing all sorts of issues with sensors, jam codes, motor burn outs etc.

Good luck my friend.

Thumbs up Re: LCC_ERR error on MX1054 with LC13

JLSam.... no other jam codes or errors have accompanied this error.... i thought power may have been an issue also, but they recently moved to a different location that had a dedicated 208v for machine and dedicated 120v for Finisher and LCC.... errors has followed to new location And I DID replace PCU board ! I am very confident they are loading paper properly since there is only 1 person that loads it, and they have had these machines for years and probably printed around 25 million on every copier they have had. Thanks for your suggestions

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Print out the error log and then the job log. Match up the date and time stamps of the error log to the job log. This will allow you to determine what was printing at time of error. I can tell you from experience with these Sharp production units that power is VITAL to the accessories. If there is not a steady 208v coming out of the outlet, the accessories are the first to act up. You could also do a power audit to confirm voltages.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    LCC_ERR error on MX1054 with LC13

Quote Originally Posted by JLSam View Post
    To be frank I have never worked with this model before, nor have I have experienced this issue, but I'll give my two cents.

Could you please post the 22-6? It would help if we can see more error codes, and jam codes as well. Also, to see the firmware for each specific option.

Questions!

Look like this MFP requires 20AMPS at 120v. Do you have a 20AMP outlet? Have you tested the outlet to make sure you are getting 120v?
    Could be an issue with power. Are you having outages? The end user might say no, so maybe you should install a power filter. I have seen MANY mfps have weird errors due to lack of minimum power requirements.
    Get a power filter with that monitors surges, overages and power outages. They may need an electrician first, before you repair the MFP or the code will come back again. I speak from experience.

We use these!
    ESP Next Gen Surge Protector/Noise Filter/Power Monitor (Model# XG-PCS-15D) 120 Volt, 15 Amp

Also, you said you replaced the MFP PWB... ok, but... according the service manual on page 443, the LCC is connected to the PCU PWB. You might need to replace that board along with the harness associated with CN14.
    How about the Option DC PWB in page 457? And the associated cable harness at CN7 and CN8? Looks like PIN #5 goes to the LCC. CN4 has pins #1 and 6 going to LCC too.

Lastly, I must ask, are you sure they are putting paper correctly? I have seen some weird errors because when the customer refills the paper trays, a few documents get folded at the edge causing all sorts of issues with sensors, jam codes, motor burn outs etc.

Good luck my friend.
    This man put some time and effort in the post. Good job.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    LCC_ERR error on MX1054 with LC13

Quote Originally Posted by JLSam View Post

Questions!

We use these!

Good luck my friend.

IMHO is the BEST in the market... they are made here in NC.. just 30 miles away from me... been using this brand for the past 20 years !!

we have been using the ESP brand also for 10+ years

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts JLSam's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mojorolla View Post
    I can tell you from experience with these Sharp production units that power is VITAL to the accessories.
    Truer words have never been spoken. Sharp MFP's are crybabies when it comes to power minimum requirements.