Senior Tech 250+ Posts

MX-4141N error E6-11

I did a search and found some helpful suggestions but I am not familiar with Sharp and shading errors. Most of my work is Canon and I can't ever remember having such a problem so I am unfamiliar with what the solution is. I should mention I bought a parts machine a few years ago so today I grabbed the Doc Feeder and the slit glass with the patch and what I think is the SCU PCB from the back where the doc feed plugs into. I was going to try the slit glass first and then the whole feeder and the board after that. The reason for the whole feeder swap is because I am not sure where the defective part might be and this will save some time. I also read about a shading sheet to do a shading adjustment, but I don't have one and wonder if this is the only way. Is there anything I should be aware of or a trouble shooting technique you have with sharp that might help narrow it down. I know Canon is always saying replace the DC Controller as part of their fix for many errors but it very rarely is that but and I assume it's the same with most manufactures. I should also mention the scan lamp is on and I can make copies but not 2-2.
    Any help will be appreciated.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bilyahn's Avatar

Re: MX-4141N error E6-11

This has to do with the CCD which is located inside the DF housing. The slit glass located near the platen won't get you anywhere but the slit glass inside the DF may solve your issue. You can also do a white reference adjust sim 63 (I think) supposed to use a special jig but I've done the field expedient and just used regular paper as long as it matches the jig (check the manual as there are 2 or more types of jigs). If you grabbed the board the DF is attached to then you have the correct one. I would really check the slit glass inside the DF first it gets dusty sometimes and is a lot easier

Good luck.

Bil

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MX-4141N error E6-11

Make sure all the mirrors, lens and glass are totally cleaned on the ccd unit. Also, if you have retraced the CCD harness and checked for holding straps that are too tight and of course the obvious loose connectors on the harness. Next, if you do not have the SIT chart, perform simulation 63-2 for shading, then to bring color balance and gamma to factory settings, perform 63-5 and choose OC setting.
    Also, if you swapped out the feeder, I would perform adjustments 19A, 20 A,B,C in the service manual to make sure everything is aligned properly.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bilyahn View Post
    This has to do with the CCD which is located inside the DF housing. The slit glass located near the platen won't get you anywhere but the slit glass inside the DF may solve your issue. You can also do a white reference adjust sim 63 (I think) supposed to use a special jig but I've done the field expedient and just used regular paper as long as it matches the jig (check the manual as there are 2 or more types of jigs). If you grabbed the board the DF is attached to then you have the correct one. I would really check the slit glass inside the DF first it gets dusty sometimes and is a lot easier

Good luck.

Bil
    Thanks I am going back this morning. I did a search on the jig you mention but nothing came up. Could it be called something else?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copiertec View Post
    Make sure all the mirrors, lens and glass are totally cleaned on the ccd unit. Also, if you have retraced the CCD harness and checked for holding straps that are too tight and of course the obvious loose connectors on the harness. Next, if you do not have the SIT chart, perform simulation 63-2 for shading, then to bring color balance and gamma to factory settings, perform 63-5 and choose OC setting.
    Also, if you swapped out the feeder, I would perform adjustments 19A, 20 A,B,C in the service manual to make sure everything is aligned properly.
    I will also check your suggestions. Is this a common problem with Sharp? It certainly isn't with Canon but they also have their quirks.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MX-4141N error E6-11

Quote Originally Posted by campy View Post
    I will also check your suggestions. Is this a common problem with Sharp? It certainly isn't with Canon but they also have their quirks.
    No. But when you sometimes remove DSPF's alignments are important.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I ended up replacing the doc feeder since I had one and it was quicker and had other calls to do. The lamp was coming on but sim said error. Thanks everybody I'm slowly learning Sharps again after over 30 years absence. This one just topped 1 million prints which usually means everything is going to happen now.

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Keep in mind the following for these type Sharps.
    If the scanner control board has an EEPROM chip, be sure to install into the new board. SCU, PCU, and MFP are the 3 EEPROMS on Sharps. For these type errors, go into SIM 63 and check the gain value of the CIS and CCD. If it is close to or above 10, the CCD or CIS is usually the cause. Be sure to execute your shading adjustment if replacing parts; Sharp have different sheets for different ADFs and the sheet number can be found in the service manual under the Adjustments section.

Good luck out there.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!