Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Sharp MX-B201D noise/clicking bypass, horizontal line/scrunched copies

I have a small Sharp MX-B201D that started making clicking noises. puts horizontal lines,2-3, scrunches copies in that area, all in the first 4"of the copy. rest of copy fine... I did a super good cleanup/lube and its only doing now from the bypass mostly. I put on another reg clutch. that's where looks like,with no luck. fuser was tight / I lubed good. still no luck. any help or ideas?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Sharp MX-B201D noise/clicking bypass, horizontal line/scrunched copies

Possibly the new clutch might have a problem too. If it's still good, there's not a lot of places left to check, unfortunately. Once it gets to the fuser, the paper would be pulled smoothly so the defect wouldn't appear for the rest of the page. Without seeing it, the area where it feeds seems like it may have a gear missing teeth or is misaligned. I'm sorry I can't be of more help, but it might take some intense watching while it's moving to detect if there is some jitter in motion.

Technician

Re: Sharp MX-B201D noise/clicking bypass, horizontal line/scrunched copies

Found the issue...
    On the main drive there is a 2 piece gear , new to MX-B201D ,, if the center of ther gear where it couples togeather is cracked, it will let the gear on shaft flex/come uncoupled,,, not a good design,, check main drive black 2piece gear..