Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

MX6070 Tiger stripes on black dev unit

HI all, so 2 weeks ago I attended a MX6070 with the classic faded grey 'Tiger' stripe prints being produced. The drum/charge etc was only on 58%, so I cleaned everything out and cleaned the machine and fitted new developer, set it up and it was all fine again. Had to go back this morning for the same problem, its lasted 11 days and done 32K but had the exact same problem. So this time I have replaced the drum and fitted a new MK Kit as well and new dev. cleared counters, set everything back up and calibrated the machine. I am now hoping that has fixed it but wondered if anyone of you have had a similar problem and it was something else? The firmware isnt on the very latest but its been done in the last 6 months.

Re: MX6070 Tiger stripes on black dev unit

I have had an instance where one of the color drums had an issue and was pulling dv from another color, replaced all drums and problem didn't return.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    MX6070 Tiger stripes on black dev unit

Quote Originally Posted by COPIERMANRC View Post
    I have had an instance where one of the color drums had an issue and was pulling dv from another color, replaced all drums and problem didn't return.
    I wouldn't recommend this as it seems to be overkill and throwing away good money. Why replace all the drums? Just replace the one that's giving you problems.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I haven't seen it myself, but I heard that the voltage contact to the effected corona could be bad in some way. Related to that though, I've seen a dirty corona pull developer. Since you changed the charge kit, it might have been taken care of. If it happens again, check the condition of the corona.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Leebs14 View Post
    HI all, so 2 weeks ago I attended a MX6070 with the classic faded grey 'Tiger' stripe prints being produced. The drum/charge etc was only on 58%, so I cleaned everything out and cleaned the machine and fitted new developer, set it up and it was all fine again. Had to go back this morning for the same problem, its lasted 11 days and done 32K but had the exact same problem. So this time I have replaced the drum and fitted a new MK Kit as well and new dev. cleared counters, set everything back up and calibrated the machine. I am now hoping that has fixed it but wondered if anyone of you have had a similar problem and it was something else? The firmware isnt on the very latest but its been done in the last 6 months.

Is the machine level from front to back ?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

With the drum unit removed, clean the discharge LED inside the machine. It's a small opening and can get dusted with black toner and be difficult to observe.

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

On the drum unit, there is a grounding clip and a corresponding place on the frame. As this sits under the drum unit, toner can collect causing dv pull due to loss of ground. Clean the rear wall contacts for drum and dv units. Check the main drive motor for k drum and dv units. These models have a slew of issues with those motors stripping or failing often. Remove the toner feed tubes and ensure there are clear and supplying toner to the dv uinits.

Also, the volume you listed (32k in 11 days puts them at roughly 95-100k per month; that's a heavy load for this model.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!