Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Are F2-64 a common problem with Sharp?

I have a Sharp MX-4141 throwing this code and I shook the toner enough so I don't think it's packed. I ordered a DV unit and will put new developer in tomorrow. I tried doing a search but this search engine doesn't allow to specify a error code with a specific model so I searched the code and there are tons of threads but what fixes it on one model doesn't necessarily fix it for another model.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: Are F2-64 a common problem with Sharp?

There's a lot of information on that in the database on this site. Do a quick search. Here's one thread on it.

Sharp MX2300N Call for Service code F2-64

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I saw a lot but I am looking for a solution for a MX-4141. I just wish the search engine would be more specific to save time from having to read every post to find out the information in the post is irrelevant to a specific model. I am pretty sure the supply pipe is clear but I'm going to replace it anyway along with the DV unit. I already checked the to see if the motor is turning and did a recalibration of the black developer and came up with a EE-EU error. I am only servicing this Sharp because my customer who has other copiers asked me too. I can't believe developer assemblies are a problem techs have to worry about. You would think after 40 years the manufacturer would know how to get it right, especially now there's color and you have 4 DV units. I guess I'm just venting now because it's taking me back 40 years when this technology was new and unreliable. I started when toner was a liquid, which totally sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by campy View Post
    I saw a lot but I am looking for a solution for a MX-4141. I just wish the search engine would be more specific to save time from having to read every post to find out the information in the post is irrelevant to a specific model. I am pretty sure the supply pipe is clear but I'm going to replace it anyway along with the DV unit. I already checked the to see if the motor is turning and did a recalibration of the black developer and came up with a EE-EU error. I am only servicing this Sharp because my customer who has other copiers asked me too. I can't believe developer assemblies are a problem techs have to worry about. You would think after 40 years the manufacturer would know how to get it right, especially now there's color and you have 4 DV units. I guess I'm just venting now because it's taking me back 40 years when this technology was new and unreliable. I started when toner was a liquid, which totally sucked.

Sorry, not familiar with that model. You asked if the code was common with Sharp and no model was given. Just trying to help out.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    Sorry, not familiar with that model. You asked if the code was common with Sharp and no model was given. Just trying to help out.
    Yes I know you were helping. Sorry if my reply seemed directed at you, I assure you it wasn't.

Yes I know you were helping. Sorry if my reply seemed directed at you, I assure you it wasn't.

Not a problem. Good luck on the problem you're having with the Sharp.

Edit: I also missed where you said you had already searched the site. I should have paid closer attention My bad.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I replaced the DV unit and developer and is good so far.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Try this link for searching the site:

Search - Copytechnet.comMuch easier to read through results.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mansart View Post
    Try this link for searching the site:

Search - Copytechnet.comMuch easier to read through results.
    I tried to search for "MX-4141 F2-64 error and nothing comes up. It's frustrating you can't be specific in searching.

I tried to search for "MX-4141 F2-64 error and nothing comes up. It's frustrating you can't be specific in searching.

There's usually some similarities between models. I was reading an old thread on a different sharp model that had the same error code and it sounds like the machine isn't adding enough toner. Have you checked the toner sensor reading (sim. 25-1)? I'll just repost what was said in the other thread:

"I have had DOZENS of these codes and it is caused by a bad toner cart or (rarely) the old style DV unit lids. It will cause F2-4x and F2-6x error codes. Usually, replacing the toner cart and recalibrating will work. There have been a few DV units replaced when that failed. Pull the toners out and run SIM 25-1 and check the upper set of numbers. The lower the number, the more toner it has in it. You do not get an F2 code until the reading is below 73. If the number is very low, I do SIM 7, aging, DV check disable. When the machine reboots, the F2 code will not come up. Run a bunch of sky shots to leach out the excess toner, usually 100 - 200 pages gets the reading above 73.

These units also have a drum grounding issue. I had one an hour ago chew its third yellow drum since install. The fusers also have some unresolved issues like residual image and belt damage. This machines firmware is version 7 already. They have not gotten all the bugs worked out yet."

Edit: Run sim. 25-1 and check the toner sensor reading. Somewhere in your manual it should give you the "normal range" for toner sensor for the model that you're working on.

EDIT 2: If the toner sensor reading is out of range, the question becomes is it over or under toned and WHY?
    If it's over-toned, run a bunch of sky-shots until the the reading is in the normal range. If it's over-toned, run simulation that forcibly adds toner until you get to normal range.

Also, are you using generic toner? It's also possible that you have a bad toner sensor. Or perhaps something is clogging the toner supply channel.

https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/sharp/69486-sharp-mx-2610-error-f2-64-a.html
    Last edited by BillyCarpenter; 10-03-2020 at 03:37 AM.