Senior Tech 100+ Posts xring1958's Avatar

Toner Pipe units 5141

Like most of you we have had lots of decomposing toner pipe seals on 10 series machines 3110 3610 2610. Have any of you been experiencing this with the larger units like MX 5141 etc. We are starting to see toner buildup in the rear of the machines and this seems a likely culprit.
    As always any input is appreciated.

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Re: Toner Pipe units 5141

Not 100% sure on the 5141 but on the 4111 / 5111 they actuality change the type of plastic used for those tube. The reason was toner clumping and excessive toner in dv issues. Also have issues with drum grounds and the filters atop the dv unit.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Toner Pipe units 5141

Yes, the same issue with the seals deteriorating over time. Here is the tsb, same as the 10 series.

MFP-TB-1477R Toner Pipe Mod.pdf
    Last edited by copiertec; 10-06-2020 at 12:33 AM.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts JLSam's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xring1958 View Post
    Like most of you we have had lots of decomposing toner pipe seals on 10 series machines 3110 3610 2610. Have any of you been experiencing this with the larger units like MX 5141 etc. We are starting to see toner buildup in the rear of the machines and this seems a likely culprit.
    As always any input is appreciated.
    LMFAO, I just had this issue too.

I remember taking out the magenta process and seeing it FULL of cyan toner, and I'm like "WTF". Take out the cyan and it is also jam packed with Black Toner. Looked at the back, and there was a huge ass gap where the seals should be. I was livid, because I was only supposed to change the magenta drum/charger/blade according to the last tech. Had to wait for the part and drive 30 sometimes miles again. So that's three visits, 60miles round trip, total of 180miles. Bruh...

Good news is that it is EASY to replace. 3 Screws, pull out, and insert new part.