Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    MX-6070 with F2-64

MX-6070 with F2-64

This machine is in our shop, it keeps throwing this code,F2-64 Per manual and tech bullitens it looks like all the sensors in the toner hopper system are working. Says it could be problem with middle toner hopper. My question is how the hell you get it out of the machine. The manual has no removal for the hopper system. Not sure if it comes out the front or from the back. I can figure it out but if someone here has removed the hoppers before and has any tips it may save some time. Thanks for any help on this.

Technician miller01123@gmail.com's Avatar

Re: MX-6070 with F2-64

Check the coupler that turns the toner cartridge. I had one that somehow got pushed back and was not touching the cartridge.

See Attached

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Prints Charming's Avatar

Toner Hoppers come out through the front.
    Instructions are in the MX6071 Service Manual. They were not in the MX6070 Service Manual.
    Take the output tray or finisher off, remove all consumables and remove the toner tray. The hoppers come out with some screws and a harness.
    As advised, the most likely problem is the sensor or the drive gears on the back of the hopper which can sometimes misalign.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    MX-6070 with F2-64

Thanks for the replies. The toner motor is working and the cartridge coupler gears seem fine. I did already have that tech bulliten. Also did get the hopper out for inspection. I believe the problem is with the sensor that is circled on the bulliten. Will be ordering one. Also,didnt think about it until it was back together but should have swapped toner hoppers around just to verify code moving to different color. We will put sensor in when it comes in and see what happens.

Did you ever solve the F2-64 problem and was it that sensor circled on toner hopper bulletin

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

It isn't coding out frequently like it was, but will still do it occasionally. It is able to be reset and go again for however long. So we're still not sure of the precise cause.

I face some case like this. I did follow the bulletin but it occur again. Pls kindly advice me how to solve this trouble.
    Big thanks for your understanding.