Thread: E7-11

E7-11

I have a sharp MX-M465 that I've changed the LED DRIVE PWB and the SCN-CNT-PWB and ribbion cable. The lamp does'nt come on. I've tried sim 5-3 no change of state. Ive got continuity on the scanner control board fuse for the lamp. I've swapped the lamp to a 2615 and it works fine, but will not light on this machine. ??
    Any Ideas would much be appreciated !

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    E7-11

Re: E7-11

• Code: E7-11
    • Description:Shading error (White correction)
    • Causes:Abnormality in the CCD white reference plate scan level when the scanner lamp is turned ON. Improper installation of the harness to the CCD unit. Dirt on the mirror, lens, and the reference white plate. Scanner lamp lighting trouble. CCD unit abnormality. SCU PWB abnormality.
    • Remedy:Check connection of the harness to the CCD unit. Check connection of the harness to the scanner lamp unit. Clean the mirror, the lens, and the reference white plate. Check the CCD unit. Check the SCU PWB.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    E7-11

There is a technical bulliten for that MFP-TB-1110A slight crack can occur at the base of the lead terminal of theCapacitor (C1) due to the external stress (production line) to the LEDDriver PWB. This causes a short circuit in the capacitor, which canresult in “E7-11” Trouble.The size of the LED Driver PWB Capacitor (C1), has been changedfrom 3.2 x 2.5 mm to 3.2 x 1.6 mm to reduce the external stress.Note: Please be advised that the LED Driver PWB (CPWBN1964FCE3)is not used for MX-M283N/M363N/M453N/ M503N, MXM282N/M362N/M452N/M502N manufactured before August2011 (and some manufactured in August, 2011) therefore; youcannot mount new parts CPWBN1964FCE7. Instead, use theLED Driver PWB CPWBN1885FCE2.However, in case a Lamp Unit has been changed toCDAIU0815DS57 or CDAIU0815DS63, it is a target for change.– For those manufactured in August 2011 or before:CPWBN1885FCE2 (No Change).– For those manufactured from Mid-August 2011 through July 2014:Before: CPWBN1964FCE3 / After: CPWBN1964FCE7– For those manufactured from Mid-August 2014 Production:

Thanks for the response. I believe my problem are mismatched scanner control board and the Led driver board are not matched. The scanner assembly works fine on a mx-2615 but when I install on the mx-M465 it wont light, and the SCN-CNT-PWB IS NEW. Still working on it. Any new ideas much appreciated.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    E7-11

Quote Originally Posted by Markb View Post
    Thanks for the response. I believe my problem are mismatched scanner control board and the Led driver board are not matched. The scanner assembly works fine on a mx-2615 but when I install on the mx-M465 it wont light, and the SCN-CNT-PWB IS NEW. Still working on it. Any new ideas much appreciated.
    The SCN-CNT-PWBs are different for the MX-2615 and the MX-M465.

Yes that is correct. I was saying the scanner unit works on the 2615, but not on the 465. The lamp won't light up. The fuse F1 has continuity on the scanner control board, but will not light up. The scanner control board was a refurbished board sent from Hytec. I'm sending back for a new board. When fixed Ill post update.