Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MX-6070V strange B/W issue.

Ok guys. I have a dilly here. I have a machine that was leaving little black marks all over the copy. When I do a 64-1 #9 looks awesome. When I do separate single color copies they all look great except for the black. When I do a b/w copy the black boxes on the test chart do NOT show up likes its a wrong toner situation . The greys show up but anything solid black is not showing up. I have tried new DV unit, drum unit, TC1, TC2, PTC and the MC pwb. All to no avail. Im going to see if I can show examples.
    IMG_0894-1.jpgIMG_0896-1.jpgIMG_0897-1.jpgIMG_0898-1.jpg

Re: MX-6070V strange B/W issue.

Do internal prints like 22-6 look good?

Do print jobs from the customer look good?

Not enough information here.

If it is only in the copy mode and not printing you look at the optics, if this happens with printing then you eliminate the optics.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Is firmware current? How many clicks on the box? Does this only happen when you make a copy or does it happen with prints as well? Oem or generic toners and parts?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copiertec View Post
    Is firmware current? How many clicks on the box? Does this only happen when you make a copy or does it happen with prints as well? Oem or generic toners and parts?

7.90 firmware. less Than 200k with all OEM parts. I left samples on original post, I can’t understand why you guys said you need more. I actually show what it is doing

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Let's go back to basics. There are 2 different ways to print in black. One is using only black toner. The other is in color mode that uses a combination of all colors: K, M, C, Y.

Since you're getting solid blacks when printing in color mode but washed out blacks when printing in black & white mode...this is what I recommend checking:

- Make sure you're using OEM toner.
    - Make sure the K developer unit is good.
    - Check the PCR on black drum unit.
    - Made sure K drum is good.
    - Check the DC bias voltage on K drum and DV unit.

EDIT: You also may want to check the contacts for the K drum and DV unit. And make sure you have good drum ground. It really seems like you have some kind of charge problem either with the K drum or DV unit.
    Last edited by BillyCarpenter; 10-20-2020 at 06:38 AM.

Looks like bad primary transfer on black or low toner concentration.
    Stop the machine in the middle of a cycle and inspect the image on the drum, if its nice and dark you have a transfer issue.
    If its light on the drum it could be a couple of things like low toner concentration, drum charge voltage to high or developer bias not correct.
    Whatever

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyooo View Post
    7.90 firmware. less Than 200k with all OEM parts. I left samples on original post, I can’t understand why you guys said you need more. I actually show what it is doing
    Well, first off, we are trying to help you! Knowing if you are using generic of oem parts and toner is crucial, you did not mention that. All the questions I asked are important to try to narrow down your issue. You came here for help, bigdaddyooo, then when I offer my insight or ask a few questions you want to be a dick and chastise for asking questions?? Good luck to you.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    Let's go back to basics. There are 2 different ways to print in black. One is using only black toner. The other is in color mode that uses a combination of all colors: K, M, C, Y.

Since you're getting solid blacks when printing in color mode but washed out blacks when printing in black & white mode...this is what I recommend checking:

- Make sure you're using OEM toner.
    - Make sure the K developer unit is good.
    - Check the PCR on black drum unit.
    - Made sure K drum is good.
    - Check the DC bias voltage on K drum and DV unit.

EDIT: You also may want to check the contacts for the K drum and DV unit. And make sure you have good drum ground. It really seems like you have some kind of charge problem either with the K drum or DV unit.
    Billy, ALL OEM supplies and parts. Like I've said in 1st post I have replaced MC pwb, K DV unit and drum unit. Still doing the same thing..Ive replaced TC1 and TC2...same thing. Bias is fine through sims but is too quick to get a reading on multi meter as its too fast.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copiertec View Post
    Well, first off, we are trying to help you! Knowing if you are using generic of oem parts and toner is crucial, you did not mention that. All the questions I asked are important to try to narrow down your issue. You came here for help, bigdaddyooo, then when I offer my insight or ask a few questions you want to be a dick and chastise for asking questions?? Good luck to you.

Ive been a tech for 35 years. My bad in assuming you guys would know that the questions you asked were already discounted by me. I have tried everything I could possibly think of to no avail. I also tacked on 4 images so you could see what i am experiencing. Not at all trying to be a dick.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyooo View Post
    Ive been a tech for 35 years. My bad in assuming you guys would know that the questions you asked were already discounted by me. I have tried everything I could possibly think of to no avail. I also tacked on 4 images so you could see what i am experiencing. Not at all trying to be a dick.
    I just can't assume. If I understand you correctly, it seems your internal prints are good, am i correct? If that is the case and its just copies we may have an issue with the scanner assembly, possibly.