Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: MX-3110N Faded Prints, Copies Good

Pretty crappy advice given in this thread, considering the amount of whining for donations. Print drivers, sd card, factory reset?? Either you're a bunch of noobs or being purposefully unhelpful to promote tech services.

Grey wand, clean image density sensors (above primary transfer belt), run printer auto color calibration. This is a very common and easy problem to fix.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    MX-3110N Faded Prints, Copies Good

Quote Originally Posted by doyvid View Post
    Pretty crappy advice given in this thread, considering the amount of whining for donations. Print drivers, sd card, factory reset?? Either you're a bunch of noobs or being purposefully unhelpful to promote tech services.

Grey wand, clean image density sensors (above primary transfer belt), run printer auto color calibration. This is a very common and easy problem to fix.

I'll add your suggestion to the crappy list pile because you're wrong. Moreover, another member already helped him resolve his problem. Read the thread before posting.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

He "isolated" the issue but his solution was to call a tech...

I can read. I posted the actual solution for future readers with similar problems.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

What thread are you reading?

I can read. I posted the actual solution for future readers with similar problems.

Look, dude, you come here calling other techs "noobs" and you clearly DID NOT read the thread because another tech went to great lengths to help the guy out and the issue was resolved and your "fix" is DEAD wrong. I guess that makes you a "noob". Stop it.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

If you had read the initial post in this thread you would know that the person with the problem is an end user. The MX-3110N he has was purchased used. It may be very common for an experienced technician on a given model. He is not. Those operator related services are normally shown to the user by the original selling dealer. He bought used and most likely received little or no training from the website he most likely purchased it through.

Then why did you not know we were trying to help an end user. And where is that post you made with the solution?

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    Look, dude, you come here calling other techs "noobs" and you clearly DID NOT read the thread because another tech went to great lengths to help the guy out and the issue was resolved and your "fix" is DEAD wrong. I guess that makes you a "noob". Stop it.
    Billy, I think we are dealing with another Canadian liberal.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Well, I don't really have enough information to comment further, and regret getting involved. If the technician didn't actually have to replace boards or the LSU then mansart (and everybody) missed the obvious solution of cleaning the image sensors. I agree he went to great lengths, but he didn't solve the problem, and in 8 pages of bickering and rudeness nobody even mentioned the grey laser cleaning wand OR the image sensors. That is a hallmark of inexperienced tech - knowing just enough to be dangerous. Eliminate the obvious causes first before replacing SD cards, swapping boards, performing factory resets etc. Someone advised the auto calibration (and 46-74) but there's no point running those with dirty sensors.

To be clear I probably also would have advised an end user to call a technician in this case. Since the print auto calibration relies on clean scan optics, which are delicate and easy to make worse. But if I was going to tell them to swap the SD card or MFP board, you can bet your ass I'd eliminate the 99% causes first. Checking drums/developer life on the 22-6 (good in this case) and basic cleaning.

To reiterate, despite noble intentions, the problem was not fixed by anyone in this thread. It was fixed because the OP paid for a technician to come and fix the problem. Most of the advice was not helpful - why nag for donations?
    Last edited by doyvid; 10-26-2020 at 02:48 AM. Reason: meh

hey jackass.. those suggestions were made and problem solved thanks for jumping in with rude comments..

might help if you READ all the suggestions and comments..

yes I just threw you ANOTHER red card.

frigging asshole

Well, I don't really have enough information to comment further, and regret getting involved. If the technician didn't actually have to replace boards or the LSU then mansart (and everybody) missed the obvious solution of cleaning the image sensors. I agree he went to great lengths, but he didn't solve the problem, and in 8 pages of bickering and rudeness nobody even mentioned the grey laser cleaning wand OR the image sensors. That is a hallmark of inexperienced tech - knowing just enough to be dangerous. Eliminate the obvious causes first before replacing SD cards, swapping boards, performing factory resets etc. Someone advised the auto calibration (and 46-74) but there's no point running those with dirty sensors.

To be clear I'd probably also have advised an end user to call a technician in this case too. Since the print auto calibration also relies on clean scan optics, which are delicate and easy to make worse. But if I was going to tell them to swap the SD card or MFP board, you can bet your ass I'd eliminate the 99% causes first. Checking drums/developer life on the 22-6 (good in this case) and basic cleaning.
    another thing .. OP wasn't a tech..

HELPS TO READ.