Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    MX-3050N showing H2-01 error

Re: MX-3050N showing H2-01 error

Quote Originally Posted by tmw View Post
    One time I got one reset by turning a can of air upside down shooting it with whatever that frozen stuff is that comes out.
    yep that works, also tossing them in a freezer overnight but quick fix is the can of air upside down trick.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

At least for me, its not been a huge issue, have replaced 4 thermostat harnesses, that were obviously open circuit, but its annoying, for sharp to suddenly move to non reset-able stats. I have taken a few apart, and there is a small plastic mini dowel, in them them that makes them hard to reset. I had tried, the canned freeze method, and smacking them on a surface, to flip the dielectric plate, but its not a guaranteed fix. Leo34staffs, mentioned using an adhesive to pull the plate back out, I havent tried it yet but, his idea seems good. I was thinking a wax to do the same thing. As the new thermo-detect goes, they seem to pop quite a bit less than the canister thermostats used to, so that is a plus.
    Where the heck is my spring hook?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nachoman4life View Post
    these newer models have non resetable thermostats, they are the series wired, if one pops, you need to replace the harness. Im thinking of a way to reset them, but havent put much effort into it yet. also can be easily checked for continuity, the trip plate may look inverted on one that is open compared to the one that isnt.
    A lot of toshibas had non resetable thermostats and we would slap the face of the thermostat and it would pop the concave heat reactive disk back out and they work good as new again,as long as you fix whatever made it pop in the first place. I have not tried it but I heard if you put the thermostat into the freezer it will make that disk pop back out.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hansen88 View Post
    A lot of toshibas had non resetable thermostats and we would slap the face of the thermostat and it would pop the concave heat reactive disk back out and they work good as new again,as long as you fix whatever made it pop in the first place. I have not tried it but I heard if you put the thermostat into the freezer it will make that disk pop back out.
    After reading this post fully I see my suggestions were already mentioned.