Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

MX-3050N showing H2-01 error

Hi all,

I have an MX-3050N with a total of 60k prints/Copies showing H1-01 error. We replaced the thermistors and tried to clear the error but it is still there.

It seems like the error clearing is not working. When we checked the error history, we found different types of errors L4-16; H4-00; C4-40; H5-01, H2-06, H4-02, L3-00.....

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: MX-3050N showing H2-01 error

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bilyahn's Avatar

Did you try a different fuser? I've found on this series when a fuser has any type of H1,2,3,4 code just to replace it. There is a metal bar under the belt unit that holds the thermistors and I have had success replacing the entire assembly but not the individual parts (not exactly sure why). So we wind up replacing the fusing unit most of the time. 60K is not unheard of for replacement, unfortunately

Good luck

Bil

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

these newer models have non resetable thermostats, they are the series wired, if one pops, you need to replace the harness. Im thinking of a way to reset them, but havent put much effort into it yet. also can be easily checked for continuity, the trip plate may look inverted on one that is open compared to the one that isnt.
    Where the heck is my spring hook?

copierman 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nachoman4life View Post
    these newer models have non resetable thermostats, they are the series wired, if one pops, you need to replace the harness. Im thinking of a way to reset them, but havent put much effort into it yet. also can be easily checked for continuity, the trip plate may look inverted on one that is open compared to the one that isnt.
    I find that good ole blu-tack works a treat for resetting thermostats, although should not be done too often on the same thermostat.
    Networking skills are advantageous but use of a 3m vacuum cleaner is essential

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

One time I got one reset by turning a can of air upside down shooting it with whatever that frozen stuff is that comes out.

Technician miller01123@gmail.com's Avatar

Did you reset the code in sims after?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

On a sharp you would have to reset it. This one I did the trick for was for a Ricoh which you have to reset as well. No matter the brand, that's the principle how those thermos work.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

look at the 2 switches and you will notice that 1 will probably be concave instead of convex. The concave switch is the one that needs a smack or a blast of air from an upside down can of air. There is a tech bulletin on that switch unit. MFP-TB-1574

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bilyahn View Post
    Did you try a different fuser? I've found on this series when a fuser has any type of H1,2,3,4 code just to replace it. There is a metal bar under the belt unit that holds the thermistors and I have had success replacing the entire assembly but not the individual parts (not exactly sure why). So we wind up replacing the fusing unit most of the time. 60K is not unheard of for replacement, unfortunately

Good luck

Bil
    The "metal bar" gets warped and the thermistors flake out. There is a bulletin for this exact issue.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!