Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Sharp MX2651 chirping noise

Hi all been a while i am going to one of the above which is making a chirping noise intermittently maybe once a day anybody had this and know a fix will run the motor tests when i go.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Sharp MX2651 chirping noise

We just had a 3070 chirping machine. Tech's go onsite and never hear it. Eventually, it was heard, usually on longer runs.

Last call notes indicate tech:
    "Lubed all right door rollers, cleaned guides, swapped fuser units with upstairs machine onsite."

I don't believe fuser was the issue, as we have not heard back from the "upstairs" machine. This took 4 calls to this account to get to this point, I'm not positive we have heard the end of it..... it doen't help that the woman who is complaining can hear a silent dog whistle.....

I found this....
    SHARP Thread - SwedenI About 4 items down on the post there is an entry for squeaking....its a little vague

Quote Originally Posted by mansart View Post
    We just had a 3070 chirping machine. Tech's go onsite and never hear it. Eventually, it was heard, usually on longer runs.

Last call notes indicate tech:
    "Lubed all right door rollers, cleaned guides, swapped fuser units with upstairs machine onsite."

I don't believe fuser was the issue, as we have not heard back from the "upstairs" machine. This took 4 calls to this account to get to this point, I'm not positive we have heard the end of it..... it doen't help that the woman who is complaining can hear a silent dog whistle.....

I found this....
    SHARP Thread - SwedenI About 4 items down on the post there is an entry for squeaking....its a little vague

Ive had the exit roller bushing on the front frame squeak. Both times the machine made no noise until i ran the crap out of it. Pull the front cover off at the exit unit (3 screws). Remove the 1 screw that holds the exit unit in, then 1 screw that holds a ground plate and the bushing, pull it out, lube and reinstall. Takes 5 minutes

Other noise we have had is the primary transfer belt will make a whine/squeel. There is a large foam block that rests against a tension roller ontop to keep it clean. Dam thing resonates on it. When you run the copier with plain paper your seldom hear it. Run with heavy paper and you will hear it when the machine runs at half speed. They also changed some felts for noise in the transfer belt. My machine which ive bent the foam back twice now is getting the felts to see if it does some voodoo to make this stop. Otherwise that foam is getting removed!
    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
    Its all shits and giggles until some body giggles and shits...

Technician miller01123@gmail.com's Avatar

Clean and powder (friction reducing powder) the transfer belt cleaning unit side seals. They will make a dog whistle noise if they have toner build up on them. Also the exit unit above the fuser will make squeaking noises.

Technician

Thanks for the pointers turned out to be the fuser motor so oiled it up ran the tests all good.

New bulletin ...... this looks like fun...and when they refer to "the noise" I'm not quite sure what they are talking about.

https://1drv.ms/b/s!Auwv_4GIZax7gYoP...tE4FA?e=ZGaQLj

Technician

Thanks the mc i was at was only a month old and as for noise no idea what they mean.

Quote Originally Posted by andyt2107 View Post
    Thanks for the pointers turned out to be the fuser motor so oiled it up ran the tests all good.
    I have loud chirping and ran sim 6-1 then narrowed it down to FUM which is fuser motor
    So you oiled the motor it self? for the cure?

Quote Originally Posted by flyfisher View Post
    I have loud chirping and ran sim 6-1 then narrowed it down to FUM which is fuser motor
    So you oiled the motor it self? for the cure?
    The metal roller above the fusing belt that is part of the fuser unit. There are brown bushings and they wear down causing noise.
    The metal rollers we saw were cut rough and they eat the bushing. Sand it smooth and new bushings.
    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
    Its all shits and giggles until some body giggles and shits...

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
    The metal roller above the fusing belt that is part of the fuser unit. There are brown bushings and they wear down causing noise.
    The metal rollers we saw were cut rough and they eat the bushing. Sand it smooth and new bushings.
    OK great we will try that and let you know.
    Is this the bearing that you have to order the kit to get the bearings. they hang from the frame to hold idler rod to hold tension on the fuser belt?
    Last edited by flyfisher; 12-06-2023 at 09:37 PM. Reason: add