Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Sharp MX 4141 "Copy prohibited from tray selected. Pls Select another" (Tray 1)

Hello, The customer was having jam issues. When I arrived the paper tray 1 has this message: Copy prohibited from tray selected. Pls Select another. I have executed Sim 14 and Sim 15 and any other I could find. Also checked the setting and looked to see if any settings were disabled (None). When I push the drawer in the tray raises. I tried leaving the drawer open and turning on but message remains. Any help would be very appreciated... Thanks !!!

Technician

Re: Sharp MX 4141 "Copy prohibited from tray selected. Pls Select another" (Tray 1)

Hey mate, enter system settings, then tray settings and make sure there's a tick in all boxes, print copy, file etc

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Re: Sharp MX 4141 "Copy prohibited from tray selected. Pls Select another" (Tray 1)

System Settings....Tray Settings

at bottom of screen will show various functions copy,print,fax, doc file
    Make sure all boxes are checked

Quote Originally Posted by JohnoLFC View Post
    Hey mate, enter system settings, then tray settings and make sure there's a tick in all boxes, print copy, file etc

Appreciate your response. I had done that I thought that was it also...

tray one.....what is the paper type set to?

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Doug James View Post
    Appreciate your response. I had done that I thought that was it also...
    Do they have any user codes / user numbers set up? I've only ever seen that message when trying to copy from a tray thats been disabled for that function. The phobited message is very specific

does this machine have a finisher?

turn offset off and see if tray becomes usable

I appreciate the responses. I am going back on Monday and I will update this thread... THANKS SO MUCH !!!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnoLFC View Post

This was the problem... ugh... It was hard to see the tick marks were dots THANKS SO MUCH !!!