Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Black build up in drum keeps coming back

Discharge lamp on the rear of the machine causes similar issues, I would run them in simulation 5 and check that they are spotless. They are really small so unless you know they are there, you will easily miss them.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Black build up in drum keeps coming back

thanks everyone for the help. I will be heading out there in a couple of weeks and update on how it goes.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chubblies View Post
    Discharge lamp on the rear of the machine causes similar issues, I would run them in simulation 5 and check that they are spotless. They are really small so unless you know they are there, you will easily miss them.
    This is a black white machine..... discharge is in front just like the 565's

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by danny464 View Post
    Machine is mx-m4070with 70k copies. Black build up in middle of the drum keeps coming back, ill post pictures of it. I cleaned it and it came back in a few days, then replaced the charge, cleaning blade, and drum cylinder and it came back after 2 weeks. Client is using noncarbon paper which I thought was the issue at first but the one he is using is specifically for laser printing. Im thinking of replacing the drum unit and developer unit but im not sure if that will fix it.

Hi there, have you seen the latest tech bulletin from Sharp about the charge cleaners causing problems with cleaning units, it sounds very much like your problem. I can pm you it if you need it?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Hey Leebs, thanks for the help. I tried to find that tech bulletin but could not find it. Last time we were there we cleaned the drum again and noticed the transfer roller had build up too. We cleaned that and after 3 weeks it has not come back. I suspect it will after a few months and at that point I'll try replacing the drum unit and transfer roller at the same time and see how long that solves the issue. Thanks everyone for the help!