Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MX-M5050 print quality

MX-M5050 print quality

I have 4 machines here all doing the same thing where all prints have a "screen door" look to them. EVERYTHING is new. Drum, Dv, TU and MK. all calibrated. Here is a photo so you can see the phenomenon I am getting. I am leaning toward a new DV unit. OBTW, it has 70k on the machine and I did wiped own and buffed DV roller to a better print but I need to know is this what this series puts out?

IMG_1132small.jpg

Re: MX-M5050 print quality

The quality is USUALLY great on these models.... Your quality isn't normal ! I would check your Sim 46 settings and see if anything is out of setting

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MX-M5050 print quality

I have had a couple of these where I needed to reseat the laser cables behind the left side door. We noticed our text was crooked almost like spoofy Chinese characters (see my fake example) that may be what you're seeing blown up into a picture.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MX-M5050 print quality

Just tried both ends of ribbon cable from LSU to MFP pwb. No difference. I checked all the 46's and all are at default. Im still getting the phenomenon. I did order a brand neww DV unit. I'm waiting on that

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    MX-M5050 print quality

Weird that its happening on 4 different machines. Are they all in the same location? Did you clone all of them from the same file by any chance?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    MX-M5050 print quality

Also, does it happen from both self prints and prints sent through a computer or just from a computer?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MX-M5050 print quality

Quote Originally Posted by danny464 View Post
    Weird that its happening on 4 different machines. Are they all in the same location? Did you clone all of them from the same file by any chance?
    No Danny. The one thing I have noticed is that the DV rollers are very dark with built up toner on them. I have to wipe them and scrub them to be clean. Thats why Im going to try a new unit which should be here Monday morn. It happens USB and computer printing. None are cloned. These were bought 4 separate orders (used).

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MX-M5050 print quality

That is weird but like Danny said, on four machines I would start by checking anything they have in common. Is there any chance the electricity from the walls at the location is faulty? Maybe they are having trouble charging properly, might try putting one on an uninterruptable power supply... Or are they using unfamiliar media maybe? That's super weird to have spread across four machines like that. Do you have any of this model working correctly by chance? Or know someone that does? Maybe a configuration file or reset to factory settings could have an effect. I'm at a loss though, hopefully someone with more experience recognizes it. You said used, any chance they came from the same place with an environmental issue? Good luck man

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    MX-M5050 print quality

You could also try sending an image to print and force stopping the copier and look at how the image is in the drum. If the image looks good in the drum it could be the fusor or the secondary transfer roller not putting enough pressure in the page. Keep us updated, interesting problem.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MX-M5050 print quality

Quote Originally Posted by M94 View Post
    That is weird but like Danny said, on four machines I would start by checking anything they have in common. Is there any chance the electricity from the walls at the location is faulty? Maybe they are having trouble charging properly, might try putting one on an uninterruptable power supply... Or are they using unfamiliar media maybe? That's super weird to have spread across four machines like that. Do you have any of this model working correctly by chance? Or know someone that does? Maybe a configuration file or reset to factory settings could have an effect. I'm at a loss though, hopefully someone with more experience recognizes it. You said used, any chance they came from the same place with an environmental issue? Good luck man

1st thing I do M94 when we get machines in is give them a digital enema. So all go back to factory reset. I am the setup and rebuild guy for my company so I know the electricity is fine. This is very odd. Now I do not know if these were from the same place , of course this is possible but EVRY machine gets a full pm and brand new OEM parts so I am hoping the DV unit fixes it.