Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts mloudy's Avatar

Re: Thoughts on MX-4070 series??

We have replaced 34 fusers with an average life of 166,571

34,509 for the shortest life to 263,013 for the longest.

The techs rebuild them in the shop so I think there are times when they swap the entire unit instead a simply replacing a part the fuser may need.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Thoughts on MX-4070 series??

Quote Originally Posted by JR2ALTA View Post
    rebuild fusers on your slow time at the shop. you'll go through a lot of them.
    What life are you getting out of the fusers?

Technician

The problems i experience mostly with this series are:

- premature wear on fuser belts (as JR2alta mentioned)
    - toner hardening and blocking the auger in, mainly, the black PCU. I used to just replace the PCU thinking the auger broke but realized toner just hardened and caused a blockage
    - Developer being pulled out of the cyan and magenta developers. I haven't isolated this yet but wind up replacing the MC/PCU unit and replenishing developer
    - Paper clips finding their way onto the Driver PWB. Symptoms include; scanner codes, CCD issues or the display not responding quickly to touch commands (weird). I've gone through a few PWBs

overall a good machine that produces very good color. We have many out in the field but these are the most common recurring issues I see.

Our support rep asked me once if we used non-OEM waste containers and/or re-used cleaned waste containers. I think he mentioned a few dealers were dealing with blockages and back-ups because of it. I told him we did neither so he didn't go into detail and went on to the next subject. Fortunately we haven't dealt with anything like this yet on this series.

There is a Canadian service bulletin on here somewhere that deals with DV dumping. Wavy mylar in the process unit near the auger. We have seen this on the 50 & 60 ppm models.

There was a mylar added to ADF somewhere along the line to catch paperclips/staples and keep them falling on the pwb. Some V and all 1 versions should have it already. PSHEZ7020FCZZ, Foreign object drop prevention sheet. They guys also use oddball mylars in a pinch.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by mloudy View Post
    Our support rep asked me once if we used non-OEM waste containers and/or re-used cleaned waste containers. I think he mentioned a few dealers were dealing with blockages and back-ups because of it. I told him we did neither so he didn't go into detail and went on to the next subject. Fortunately we haven't dealt with anything like this yet on this series.

There is a Canadian service bulletin on here somewhere that deals with DV dumping. Wavy mylar in the process unit near the auger. We have seen this on the 50 & 60 ppm models.

There was a mylar added to ADF somewhere along the line to catch paperclips/staples and keep them falling on the pwb. Some V and all 1 versions should have it already. PSHEZ7020FCZZ, Foreign object drop prevention sheet. They guys also use oddball mylars in a pinch.
    Heads up - the "Fix" mylars do not address the major issue. Paper clips/staples still get down on the ADF PWB and blow the board. We have been taking off the rear lower panel on the machines to allow any debris to fall out, instead of hanging around inside the cavity. Seems to help, but customer training is the only way to truly get rid of the problem.

Do you remember years ago when some pwbs were covered in something that looked like thick wax?

Quote Originally Posted by articcat182 View Post
    Heads up - the "Fix" mylars do not address the major issue. Paper clips/staples still get down on the ADF PWB and blow the board. We have been taking off the rear lower panel on the machines to allow any debris to fall out, instead of hanging around inside the cavity. Seems to help, but customer training is the only way to truly get rid of the problem.
    I will have to look into this.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by JLSam View Post
    Don't forget the admin password, it's a 2 day wait time from the dealer to get a reset code.
    Only if you don’t do it your self which is easy
    Just format the Msata and clone if a other machine of same model
    Or if you copy each model when you get a machine in to your laptop
    It’s easy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How are the MX-M 3570-5070's holding up? Same issues?

I will work on getting you some data on those models.

I already compared the MX-M654N with the MX-M6070N. Sharp no longer offers a 65 ppm version based one the M654N engine. So for schools we are forced to up sell them to a MX-M7570 or down sell them to a MX-M6070N. A sales rep will down sell to make more money. We have found that a MX-M6070N in a school environment is not ideal.

Ran the numbers on 17 machines. 8ea MX-M6070 and 9ea MX-M654N

Pages between calls:
    MX-M6070 58,143
    MX-M654N 138,292

The MX-M654N also averages 200K more pages per drum/PM cycle.