Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Thoughts on MX-4070 series??

We have mostly been selling low metered 40 series due to their reliability, but all good things have to come to an end due to age. So, now that leaves us with the 50/70 series for off lease machines for clients that have Sharp copiers. What are your thoughts or field expertise on the MX-4070 series? Any heads up, things to look out for, etc?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Thoughts on MX-4070 series??

The little amount of these we have on the field needed drive motor pcbs (motors mounted on small pcbs) dev/drum drive and pick up drive motors. When it goes bad the noise can be loud or error and jam codes can occur. Hopefully Sharp strengthened the motor drive worm gear because it had a high failure rate for us. There may be a thread or two regarding this issue.

Other than that it works well. I use the older Sharpdesk software on these as I gotten so comfortable with it.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts JLSam's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copiertec View Post
    We have mostly been selling low metered 40 series due to their reliability, but all good things have to come to an end due to age. So, now that leaves us with the 50/70 series for off lease machines for clients that have Sharp copiers. What are your thoughts or field expertise on the MX-4070 series? Any heads up, things to look out for, etc?
    Don't forget the admin password, it's a 2 day wait time from the dealer to get a reset code.

Quote Originally Posted by JLSam View Post
    Don't forget the admin password, it's a 2 day wait time from the dealer to get a reset code.
    I did not realize that. So, I am assuming if you are not an authorized dealer, your SOL on getting the passcode reset?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts JLSam's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copiertec View Post
    I did not realize that. So, I am assuming if you are not an authorized dealer, your SOL on getting the passcode reset?
    No, there are ways but it's not PRUDENT to post. There's someone on the sharp thread posting how to reset the code and I've urge the individual to private message that information instead. But it's already out there in another thread.

You're not SOL, no worries.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts mloudy's Avatar

We have a 28 of the 40ppm in the field and they run well. A mixture of 4070N, 4070V and 4071. When I buy used I buy the V and 1 series now as they are the newest models. I also get SN so I can see how old it is and I would make the seller verify that the password is still admin. If you are quick you can get machines that are less than 2 years old at a great price.

The inner finishers can have issues with papers lining up correctly but they can be fixed pretty easy. If you have someone with an inner finisher that is used to unloading stapled sets and the machine keeps running be aware the new series won't allow it. It does 30 sets and stops even if the operator has been unloading them while it is running. The output capacity is 250 sheets but if you run 31 two page stapled sets (62 sheets) it will stop after 30 and say unload the compiler. It will then print one more stapled set even if the operator has been unloading them. The flag in gone on the FN27N inner finisher which is what I think allowed the older inner finishers to keep running as sets were removed.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by buzz View Post
    The little amount of these we have on the field needed drive motor pcbs (motors mounted on small pcbs) dev/drum drive and pick up drive motors. When it goes bad the noise can be loud or error and jam codes can occur. Hopefully Sharp strengthened the motor drive worm gear because it had a high failure rate for us. There may be a thread or two regarding this issue.

Other than that it works well. I use the older Sharpdesk software on these as I gotten so comfortable with it.

Ugh, those motors.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts mloudy's Avatar

We have not experienced any drive motor failures on the 40ppm series yet. Perhaps we might as total meters increase. Our highest are at 750K.

rebuild fusers on your slow time at the shop. you'll go through a lot of them.

Quote Originally Posted by JR2ALTA View Post
    rebuild fusers on your slow time at the shop. you'll go through a lot of them.
    Unfortunately, I have heard this about this series. This is one of the reasons we hate to depart from the 40 series, most all the bugs have been worked out and they run flawlessly for the most part. but time and technology is a killer.