Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bilyahn's Avatar

Re: MX5070N CQ issues when copying in color

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Are your attachments more that 1MB? I had to reduce the resolution of my phone camera to get a small enough attachment size. =^..^=
    The initial one was 2Mb. I split them up so will have to see what the sizes are but pretty sure the mono one is less than 1Mb. We ordered the SIT chart so will see.

Quote Originally Posted by mojorolla View Post
    Run LSU power adjustments...SIM 61 I think....
    Could also try Black Letter/Line Width Adj under system settings > image quality adj.

I thought about the line width adj but didn't mess with it. An option if the SIT chart doesn't work. Didn't try the LSU power since mono looks good but will give that a try. I'm willing to try anything at this point LOL

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    MX5070N CQ issues when copying in color

Not sure if this is on the right track but we had a MX-M565N that internal prints would look fine but the copieswould look terrible also wouldn't calibrate when trying sim 46-74 It ended up being the SD card which your machine doesn't have but it does have the msata unless I'm mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by MoochPage View Post
    Not sure if this is on the right track but we had a MX-M565N that internal prints would look fine but the copieswould look terrible also wouldn't calibrate when trying sim 46-74 It ended up being the SD card which your machine doesn't have but it does have the msata unless I'm mistaken.
    That would be one of the things I would try if the SIT chart doesn't work. Keeping my fingers crossed on that one LOL

Guess I was spelling CIT chart wrong. LOL Anyway it didn't work got an error message that the data sample was faulty both on the platen glass and through the DF with a list of number that were identical for both. Sharp asked if the chart was damaged but it looked good right out of the packaging. Waiting on Sharp tech rep to call with suggestions. Wondering if we could of gotten a faulty MFP board and we're just going around in circles. I will try the mSATA for nothing else comes to mind will be talking with Smile service manager today maybe he has something.

The actual error message is

sampling data unfit

#4 #5 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12

Original and color copy.pdf

Finally able to upload a sample LOL

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Change any settings from Auto to a set value. Auto exposure, auto color, etc....pick anything other than Auto. I remember a few similar issues happening with Auto as the settings. Have you tried changing the scan file type?

I personally hate the SIT chart and is more trouble than it is worth imho. Default values and shading adjust has always worked fine for me.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mojorolla View Post
    Change any settings from Auto to a set value. Auto exposure, auto color, etc....pick anything other than Auto. I remember a few similar issues happening with Auto as the settings. Have you tried changing the scan file type?

I personally hate the SIT chart and is more trouble than it is worth imho. Default values and shading adjust has always worked fine for me.

I have done this for the most part. Our best image is with text/photo as the exposure. We are supposed to swap it out with a loaner so I can work on it here at the shop but we shall see. Thank you for the suggestions. Although now that I think about it there is 1 setting that is still in auto so will give that a try.

Okay after a lot of hours and money. Swapping just about everything that can be swapped on the machine the culprit is? Don't know exactly but doing an end of lease format fixed the problem. We will return the unit tomorrow and I have a clone of the system but not sure I want to mess with that although it would be interesting to see if the problem returned with the clone. I would of never figured that one out, thanks to our Sharp tech rep for the suggestion.

Have a great day.

Bil

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    MX5070N CQ issues when copying in color

Congratulations!

My Konica Minolta rep help me fix a very strange image quality issue in a similar way. KM has a place to import/export three different groups of settings. The one that made the difference was the paper tray settings. He had a folder full of exports from other machines ... some new, some with various problems. We were not able to pin down the specific setting that created the problem ... but by then I was just glad to move on to other things. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=