Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Sharp DX-B352 and DX-B351

I am back with Sharp machines after a 2 year hiatus. Does anyone have experience with the new DX-B352 and B351 printers? I need to offer some dependable cost effective printers.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts mloudy's Avatar

Re: Sharp DX-B352 and DX-B351

I got two in and both jammed out of box. I sent one back to Sharp so they could test it. The other is collecting dust. I knew they weren't made by Sharp when we ordered them. Couldn't do a firmware update as it glitched on the PC side every time.

As the printers jammed I went to download the service manuals so I might be able to fix them, they weren't available. I was told they aren't available because they aren't meant to be fixed, they are throw away printers. We don't sell products that can't be fixed and we never will. I still don't think there are service or parts manuals available.

I've heard that Sharp might be releasing a few small Lexmark mono machines in the first quarter. The price will be higher but this is the way to go if you need a small Sharp badged printer and it is available. The release may only include a MFP and not a printer though.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kp101 View Post
    I am back with Sharp machines after a 2 year hiatus. Does anyone have experience with the new DX-B352 and B351 printers? I need to offer some dependable cost effective printers.

Any idea what kind of printers these are based on?

Pretty sure they are built by the majority owner of Sharp, Taiwanese company Hon Hai Precision Industry Co., Ltd., also known as Foxconn Technology Group.

I haven't been able to find an exact physical match online labeled as another printer.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Seems to me Sharp is going in a downhill roll with their products. We always stayed away from Sharp table tops and printers as they seem more prone to mechanical issues than other brands. We have been using Kyocera products instead and for the most part they run almost flawlessly. You may want to look in to Kyocera's instead, they are reliable, do not cost much to run, sure some of their maintenance may not make it to pm, but most are covered under warranty if you are a dealer. I would put a M6530cidn etc. against a Sharp MX-C301/2/4 any day, and we have, Kyocera came out ahead all the time. I've been Sharp factory trained since '94. Just my 2 cents.

Technician

Yeah I have looked for parts, at least tray rollers and all you can get is toner and drums. I have a friend at a Sharp dealer and he says they dont have any problems out of them. But I seen that you get 30 or 60 day warranty out of the box. My back up plan is a kyocera printer but I want to sell as many Sharps as I can since I am a CCR.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mloudy View Post
    I've heard that Sharp might be releasing a few small Lexmark mono machines in the first quarter. The price will be higher but this is the way to go if you need a small Sharp badged printer and it is available. The release may only include a MFP and not a printer though.
    Have you worked on Lexmarks? Freaking expensive maintenance and toners! And reliability is questionable at times. They remind me of a Jaguar automobiles...expensive as hell and broke all the time!!

We have sold the Kyocera P2135dn when space was an issue for the customer and they have ran well.

I ordered the 352 over the 351 because the 352 came with wireless and the cpp was lower.

351 supply MSRP is toner $52 for a 3K and drum $100 for 12K. $308 for every 12K

The 352 has a combined TD unit MSRP at $94 with a 6K yield. $188 for every 12K

Problem with parts not being available is that when a customer has a printer for 2 days and gets a label stuck and decides to remove it themselves with a nail file they are told they need to buy a new printer. Even if the cost is less than the repair it leaves a bad taste in their mouth that the guy they have depended on for years to fix anything now tells them that their brand new printer can't be fixed. I guess you would need to tell everybody upfront that bought one of these that they are non-repairable.

I think the warranty is a swap program.

Quote Originally Posted by copiertec View Post
    Have you worked on Lexmarks? Freaking expensive maintenance and toners! And reliability is questionable at times. They remind me of a Jaguar automobiles...expensive as hell and broke all the time!!
    We have only been selling Lexmark for 4.5 years so we missed some of the pain of dealing with older models. We now have 499 in the field and have been pleased with their reliability. They filled a void that comes with being a Sharp dealer. Their warranty program is excellent and they pay a fair price to the dealer for any service calls. Sharp pays no labor for the 3 months they cover parts.

After working on equipment for 35 years I though I could take anything apart and put it back together without a manual for instructions. Then I met a Lexmark. Ugh!

We sell the Sharp MX-B350P when we need a really low cost per page printer and the customer has room for the beast. Oh, and if they don't need to run envelopes.