Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MX-4070 fax issue

Re: MX-4070 fax issue

Quote Originally Posted by Prints Charming View Post
    If you're in Scan mode and the telephone mode overrides the display, it sounds like you have a line noise or a line low voltage issue, which causes the fax to think the extension port is off-hook.
    To disable all of this, change fax soft switch 114, bit 8 to 0.
    Thank you, PC, I was thinking the same thing this weekend, line noise or voltage. I was also thinking about unplugging that fax server and see what happens as well. Thanks for the tip, I will make the changes and see what happens.

MX-4070 fax issue

Quote Originally Posted by Prints Charming View Post
    If you're in Scan mode and the telephone mode overrides the display, it sounds like you have a line noise or a line low voltage issue, which causes the fax to think the extension port is off-hook.
    To disable all of this, change fax soft switch 114, bit 8 to 0.
    As of today, the client, still has not called Comcast to check the lines. However, changing bit 8 to 0 has fixed the issue. I told the client to call Comcast because there is an issue with the line causing the issue..I am willing to bet, it never gets called in. How did you come across the 114 bit 8 to 0, PC?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Prints Charming's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copiertec View Post
    However, changing bit 8 to 0 has fixed the issue. How did you come across the 114 bit 8 to 0, PC?
    Nice.
    This switch has been known for many years, as far back as the first MX models with the MXFXX1. Note: its a different switch number in some older fax kits. Search for 'external telephone' in the fax service manual and you'll find the appropriate switch for that particular model fax.
    It's saved the day for me many times when noise or low voltage on the line causes the fax to activate immediately when entering any Image Send mode. Disabling External Telephone stops this noise and low voltage detection.
    This isn't going to get called in now because 'its fixed'.

MX-4070 fax issue

[QUOTE=Prints Charming;1665909]Nice.
    This switch has been known for many years, as far back as the first MX models with the MXFXX1. Note: its a different switch number in some older fax kits.

I've been working on Sharp's since 94, I was unaware of this ( I obviously did not get the memo), I've marked it down in my notes, thank you.

Known issue with sharp models.

Change the setting in SIM 66-1, soft switch 114, bit 8 to “0” instead of “1”.

Be aware that the EXTERNAL LINE CONNECTOR on the machine can't be used after this change.

Attached Images Attached Images