Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MX-4070 fax issue

MX-4070 fax issue

We just installed a MX-4070N that replaced an MX-3100n. The client had the MX-3100N receive the fax, then it goes to an email and we had no issues. We installed the MX-4070N and the machine receives the fax, but acts like it wants to receive it, but wont, it goes into telephone mode and when the client goes to scan to a folder the address book does not show up, its all blank. This is what I have done to try to resolve the issue

1) made sure firmware is up to date
    2) tried turning off ECM
    3) tried changing ring times
    4) tried a different 2 line fax line
    5) sim 66-10

Could I slow down baud rates?
    All the settings fax on the MX-3100 were at factory defaults

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    MX-4070 fax issue

Re: MX-4070 fax issue

Quote Originally Posted by copiertec View Post
    We just installed a MX-4070N that replaced an MX-3100n. The client had the MX-3100N receive the fax, then it goes to an email and we had no issues. We installed the MX-4070N and the machine receives the fax, but acts like it wants to receive it, but wont, it goes into telephone mode and when the client goes to scan to a folder the address book does not show up, its all blank. This is what I have done to try to resolve the issue

1) made sure firmware is up to date
    2) tried turning off ECM
    3) tried changing ring times
    4) tried a different 2 line fax line
    5) sim 66-10

Could I slow down baud rates?
    All the settings fax on the MX-3100 were at factory defaults
    check the mode settings make sure it is set to FAX

are they on a VoIP setup?

can you compare the settings from the 3100? maybe the new fax has special abilities that the 3100 didn't have (print fav settings report

typically turning off ECM and dropping the baud rate down to 9600 is a good start for a VoIP line.

MX-4070 fax issue

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    check the mode settings make sure it is set to FAX

are they on a VoIP setup?

can you compare the settings from the 3100? maybe the new fax has special abilities that the 3100 didn't have (print fav settings report

typically turning off ECM and dropping the baud rate down to 9600 is a good start for a VoIP line.
    Thanks, Phil. Yes I did compare the settings and they are the same as the the 3100n. I tried turning off ECM, but with the same results of the copier acting like it was receiving.
    They are a Comcast client so I am assuming it is a VoIP line. I will have to pull up how to lower the baud on the Sharps, I have it for the pastel 2 series but not sure if that carries over to this series.

MX-4070 fax issue

Thanks, Phil. Yes I did compare the settings and they are the same as the the 3100n. I tried turning off ECM, but with the same results of the copier acting like it was receiving.
    They are a Comcast client so I am assuming it is a VoIP line. I will have to pull up how to lower the baud on the Sharps, I have it for the pastel 2 series but not sure if that carries over to this series.
    contact Comcast.. they are known to do crazy shit

EDIT.. duh Comcast.. digital lines.. set for VoIP sorry can't tell you the needed switches thrown.. but need to set to VoIP parameters

sorry brother.. old brain needs kicking around some times

MX-4070 fax issue

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    contact Comcast.. they are known to do crazy shit
    My thoughts as well, Phil. I just want to make sure all my bases are covered first.

MX-4070 fax issue

My thoughts as well, Phil. I just want to make sure all my bases are covered first.
    a good place to start at least brother

MX-4070 fax issue

I went back out this morning, the line was acting like the ringer had been off the hook for a while as it was making that loud beeping noise. I went up to their server room and reset their Multitech fax finder and that resolved the not sending or receiving faxes.
    But... this is still an issue, when the machine receives the fax, it goes into telephone mode, when it is in telephone mode it will not scan to any folder destination as the icon on the control panel will not respond, until it is done processing the incoming fax. It will make copies while it is in telephone mode, but will not scan to any folders. I am going to have them contact Comcast to check the line for excessive noise and talk to their IT person about the Multitech to see if those may be causing an issue but am not 100% sure that is causing the MFP not to scan to folder destinations while receiving the fax to send it to email.
    I may be way overthinking this but, why not just set the machine to send the fax to and email though fax forwarding?

MX-4070 fax issue

I went back out this morning, the line was acting like the ringer had been off the hook for a while as it was making that loud beeping noise. I went up to their server room and reset their Multitech fax finder and that resolved the not sending or receiving faxes.
    But... this is still an issue, when the machine receives the fax, it goes into telephone mode, when it is in telephone mode it will not scan to any folder destination as the icon on the control panel will not respond, until it is done processing the incoming fax. It will make copies while it is in telephone mode, but will not scan to any folders. I am going to have them contact Comcast to check the line for excessive noise and talk to their IT person about the Multitech to see if those may be causing an issue but am not 100% sure that is causing the MFP not to scan to folder destinations while receiving the fax to send it to email.
    I may be way overthinking this but, why not just set the machine to send the fax to and email though fax forwarding?
    did you check to make sure it isn't set for TEL/FAX?

this was a common problem on many brands.

set it to FAX only.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts mloudy's Avatar

Is the checkbox for Digital Line Network in fax settings ticked? Maybe this reduces the baud rate.

MX-4070 fax issue

Quote Originally Posted by mloudy View Post
    Is the checkbox for Digital Line Network in fax settings ticked? Maybe this reduces the baud rate.
    no you have to manually input the changes.