Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    SHARP MX4050V touchpanel freezes up

When connected to the customer's network, touchscreen freezes up. There is no response on the panel. When disconnected from the customers network and rebooted, the copier works fine. I even connected the device directly to my laptop utilizing a network cable and the copier prints and scans to sharpdesk to my laptop without any freezing up.

I tried changing the static IP thinking there may be a conflict on the network, but same thing, panel freezes up.

I am able to ping the device successfully, but unable to pull up the web interface.

Super weird.

Replaced router. Same thing.

Anyone know what is the latest version fw?

Thanks
    Last edited by buzz; 02-13-2021 at 04:05 AM.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts JLSam's Avatar

Re: SHARP MX4050V touchpanel freezes up

Quote Originally Posted by buzz View Post
    When connected to the customer's network, touchscreen freezes up. There is no response on the panel. When disconnected from the customers network and rebooted, the copier works fine. I even connected the device directly to my laptop utilizing a network cable and the copier prints and scans to sharpdesk to my laptop without any freezing up.

I tried changing the static IP thinking there may be a conflict on the network, but same thing, panel freezes up.

I am able to ping the device successfully, but unable to pull up the web interface.

Super weird.

Replaced router. Same thing.

Anyone know what is the latest version fw?

Thanks
    I saw this message yesterday and I was waiting to see if someone else responded because it's very curious.

The touch panel freezing up on this model is something that I have not experienced, but I remember that on previous sharps when the touch panel would freeze it would often be because of the SD card and firmware. These models use mSatas... You might consider getting an msata from an IDENTICAL machine to test, and see if it freezes.

Question! what happens if the machine is wireless? If you're able to ping the device successfully but you are unable to pull the web user interface, it could be that you're pinging another device in the network. I highly suggest that you do something called IP allocation. Reserve the IP address of the machine using the MAC address, it is done at the router. This would eliminate the possibility of having an IP conflict.

This is the latest firmware:

Special Firmware
    Models:MX-3050N MX-3550N MX-4050N MX-5050N MX-6050N MX-3050V MX-3550V MX-4050V MX-5050V MX-6050V MX-2630N
    Release Type:SpecialROM Control: NA
    Release Date:August 2020File Name:GriffinV_Combi_0790K1G0_20080100_B.zip
    Versions:
    Due to changes in the specifications of the API provided by Microsoft, the Exchange Online Connector requires the approval of the Microsoft 365 tenant administrator to use the "Global Address Search" and "Find My Address". This firmware allows to use both functions with a connector that supports the new API.
    Please refer to documentation included with file

Good luck, and update us if you fix the issue.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JLSam View Post
    I saw this message yesterday and I was waiting to see if someone else responded because it's very curious.

The touch panel freezing up on this model is something that I have not experienced, but I remember that on previous sharps when the touch panel would freeze it would often be because of the SD card and firmware. These models use mSatas... You might consider getting an msata from an IDENTICAL machine to test, and see if it freezes.

Question! what happens if the machine is wireless? If you're able to ping the device successfully but you are unable to pull the web user interface, it could be that you're pinging another device in the network. I highly suggest that you do something called IP allocation. Reserve the IP address of the machine using the MAC address, it is done at the router. This would eliminate the possibility of having an IP conflict.

Special Firmware
    Models:MX-3050N MX-3550N MX-4050N MX-5050N MX-6050N MX-3050V MX-3550V MX-4050V MX-5050V MX-6050V MX-2630N
    Versions:
    Due to changes in the specifications of the API provided by Microsoft, the Exchange Online Connector requires the approval of the Microsoft 365 tenant administrator to use the "Global Address Search" and "Find My Address". This firmware allows to use both functions with a connector that supports the new API.

Thanks so much for the feedback. We just installed a 5111n to replace as a loaner and we're bringing the 4050v in the shop to troubleshoot. We applied the same static IP on the loaner 5111n and all is working fine, print, scan, etc... no freezing up on the loaner. I thought the same regarding IP conflict issues but made sure no conflict exists. Will post what we find.

This 4050v does not have a wireless option, it's an accessory to add on, weird, I thought they all came standard with wireless.

Thanks!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts mloudy's Avatar

Check the network port on the copier to see if the contacts are as they should be. We had one that had bent up wires as if someone pulled the copier from the wall without unplugging the network cable. It caused weird problems. The network port is a pain to replaced without proper surface mount equipment.

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Dump the printer memory SIM 67-17, seen this cure all kinds of odd shit.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Clearing the print controller memory with sim 67-17 is a good suggestion. Also try turning off mDNS in the network settings. I have seen this lock up machines on some networks.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Thank you so much for all the suggestions. I have it hooked up to our office network without doing any work on it yet and it works good printing, no lock ups. I don't want to adjust or do anything yet until I can perhaps get it to lock up on our network. Will definitely check and apply all your suggestions if and when we take this back out to the customer. Thanks again, appreciate it.

Please keep the suggestions coming if anyone thinks of anything else.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Maybe try resetting the NIC? system settings/system control/ reset settings/ reset the nic

Quote Originally Posted by JLSam View Post

Special Firmware
    Versions:

Please ineed mx453 firmware
    My dropbox acc is efe311@gmail.com

Sharp & HP Tech 100+ Posts austonrush's Avatar

I've read through this thread, there is no mention of replacing the network cable. I would look into that as well.