Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts mloudy's Avatar

Re: Toshiba version of MX-M1205 not printing

What are things you have seen POE do to a Sharp? Can't be good for 48V being pumped into the network port of a copier/printer.

So does anyone know if the network portion of a power filter knocks down POE? Looking for another reason to keep including filters on installs. The sales reps complain about me insisting they go on every machine under contract.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Toshiba version of MX-M1205 not printing

Well, this will be fun. As service techs, we all know how SALES runs things

The customer & the salesman said let's deliver it and see if it works. We all know
    what is going to happen. And, of course, it is in the middle of BFE 3 hours from the
    nearest office. I'm just glad I don't have to deal with it not printing once it gets on
    site. Sent the network packet capture to Toshiba, which I'm sure will be sending it
    to Sharp...then we'll have to wait for Sharp to figure something out, pass it back to
    Toshiba, then send to us.
    After 39 years in this business...I'm almost done!

Thanks for the help!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty.Harris View Post
    Well, this will be fun. As service techs, we all know how SALES runs things

The customer & the salesman said let's deliver it and see if it works. We all know
    what is going to happen. And, of course, it is in the middle of BFE 3 hours from the
    nearest office. I'm just glad I don't have to deal with it not printing once it gets on
    site. Sent the network packet capture to Toshiba, which I'm sure will be sending it
    to Sharp...then we'll have to wait for Sharp to figure something out, pass it back to
    Toshiba, then send to us.
    After 39 years in this business...I'm almost done!

Thanks for the help!
    Between salesmen and engineers, I'm not sure which is worse sometimes

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WackyJack View Post
    Between salesmen and engineers, I'm not sure which is worse sometimes
    Really?! How shrewdly...oops mean wacky
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Sharp & HP Tech 100+ Posts austonrush's Avatar

I've had a similar scenario where most of the office could print to a sharp copier and 2 desktops could not. Went through everything mentioned here. These computers could print to other devices in the office. Changing the IP address did nothing. Adjusting printer driver from Raw to lpr nothing... print direct or through a server no difference. Printer would ping fine from the pc's but, it just wouldn't print from these two computers. The copier would literally lock up most of the time and jam the queue so other users couldn't print. the queue on the copier wouldn't even display the job in it. SD Card, ports, network cables etc etc etc were changed. The issue was a controlled network switch shutting down access but, because they had multiple switches it didn't shut down access for everyone. ugh brings back nightmares. I was not able to solve it as I had to get an experienced IT professional in to configure the switch.

did you get this resolved?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Toshiba version of MX-M1205 not printing

Could be late to the game but I have seen this problem on this size of Sharps before, able to ping see the web interface but not able to print. I don't fully remember where it is but there is a setting that disables NIC printing or network printing. It isn't in the simulations, I know that. I ran into it a couple different times after HDD or things like that. Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty.Harris View Post
    This is a Toshiba E-1207, which is the same as the MX-M1205.
    Setup no issues. Copies fine. Options are the Large dual tray paper feeder,
    anti curl unit, relay and standard finisher w/hole punch.
    Connecting to the network, with the proper drivers, it will not print.
    You can access the web page from a browser, and print config pages from within
    the built in web page, but print jobs never reach the copier.
    Thought I'd ask if any Sharp guys have heard of this?
    We can ping it, so we know the network connection is there, but when you send
    a print from a computer, to the machine, it never gets there.
    I've tried reloading the firmware, which did nothing. Currently, since this a new
    setup, and nothing is stored, I'm doing the data dump to set everything back to
    default values.

TIA