Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MXFN27N jam

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    MXFN27N jam

MXFN27N jam

Howdy folks,

Got a MXFN27N that has jam code FNPS1_S. It does not jam every time but there has been 9 jams in the last week.

Ive seen it jam, the "assist claw" do not seem to be returning home after they push the paper out to the exit tray. When the next sheet enters the finisher compiler it crashes into those claws and starts piling up.

Has anybody seen this? The timing is very tight, those claws push out and have to reverse almost instantly.

I ran mot FNM5 which operates those claws, the first time the claws cycled and then stopped. Machine seemed totally locked up. Had to power cycle. Rebooted and ran the motor fine on and off.

Pic attached.
    fn27.JPG
    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
    Its all shits and giggles until some body giggles and shits...

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts mloudy's Avatar

Re: MXFN27N jam

We replace the entire unit, 501. We had a tech try and "re-time" the units. He explained to me in detail what he did and sketched it out but he lost me after a few minutes. I'm not exactly sure how it did it. He spent hours trying to figure it out. He did a few with very limited success.

Perhaps there is someone here that has figured out this crashing.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Was a long time ago so I forget the exact details. I added a piece of fairly stiff but flexible plastic sheet that covered the mostly non-moving sections around those exit belts, I think it was "E" shape, and taped it with double sided tape. Some of the "E" had tape on it, some did not, where stuff had to move underneath. That actually worked well for the short term - a month or two. I made sure the customer knew not to remove it. It was the same jam code FNPS1_S.
    Last edited by doyvid; 02-19-2021 at 02:48 AM.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Another thing you can check. Senior tech went back later and found a broken part in the fusing drive unit, see attachment. Fixable by melting a paper clip into it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Technician

Try Sharp`s REP2304 as it explains the process to re align the unit. My suggestion is to replace the unit.

T.G.G.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    MXFN27N jam

Quote Originally Posted by doyvid View Post
    Another thing you can check. Senior tech went back later and found a broken part in the fusing drive unit, see attachment. Fixable by melting a paper clip into it.
    So far no jamming driving to the right hand exit tray so hopefully its not this. Ill know when i got back with a loaner finisher today. Thx

Quote Originally Posted by sharptech View Post
    Try Sharp`s REP2304 as it explains the process to re align the unit. My suggestion is to replace the unit.

T.G.G.
    So it sounds like that unit is getting out of sync causing issues? I didnt see that REP on the sharp Canada site. Ill email my guy at Sharp and see if he can dig up that one.
    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
    Its all shits and giggles until some body giggles and shits...

Technician miller01123@gmail.com's Avatar

I've found that the center pusher on the assist unit locks up on the guide shaft and causes the unit to go out of timing. This starts to happen after 40 to 50 thousand copies. The only solution is to change the assist unit.

Is everyone talking about the Process Tray Unit when describing the Assist Unit?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts mloudy's Avatar

0CWFM1N374004 assist unit

Quote Originally Posted by mloudy View Post
    0CWFM1N374004 assist unit
    Ah ok, thanks. I don't see anything in the manual on disassembly/removal. Pretty straightforward once you dig in there?