Technician

Auto Email to Gmail

Dear All,

Good Day!
    Anyone can please help, i had set the auto email but fails.
    O'm using gmail and all the security is off and some of the customers machine no problem & some having issue & message show authentication fail. check user name & password.
    But the user name & password all key in correct but still can't access, anyone facing this issue before & can help?

thanks

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Auto Email to Gmail

Re: Auto Email to Gmail

Did you verify that the user login and password did not change... for access to smb folder on the destination computer

did you verify that the user login is admin...

Did you verify that the hostname of the computer did not change...

Did you check for IP conflict... by turning off the computer and pinging to it... any response conflict...

did you try giving your computer the ip address of the copier and related settings that copier have... turning off the copier... and then tried moving files from your laptop to the destination pc to see if that works... might give some insights...

Did you check if the hard drive is full on the destination pc.. that can stop scanning...

Is the admin login used for scanning the default admin login for a server... if so it has a limited amount of concurrent connections it can maintain at a time... so if it has over a certain limit then it stops taking requests until it kills one of those connections or it times out... this is a setting that can be set at creation of the account... its a security feature that sometimes causes trouble for scanning... because scanning to folder can trigger this feature if its enabled in the account... fix is to create an admin account with the limited login feature disabled... rarely seen this one...

***did you try enabling smb in additional features...

did you turn off firewall on destination pc and test...

some antivirus also kill scanning so turn off and test...

***did you check if the destination pc network setting was public if so that will stop scanning sometimes windows will turn it from private to public...
    *** did you check if the computer has pending windows updates... that can also stop scanning...
    *** (triple asterisk mark those are the things that have most often killed scanning for me)
    *** Make sure DNS settings are correct on the copier
    Last edited by BillyCarpenter; 02-26-2021 at 05:48 AM.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Auto Email to Gmail

I have had before where google was blocking it and In the gmail account I had to click on the security tab and allow it, let it know it was me and not a security issue.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    Did you verify that the user login and password did not change... for access to smb folder on the destination computer

Did you check for IP conflict... by turning off the computer and pinging to it... any response conflict...

did you try giving your computer the ip address of the copier and related settings that copier have... turning off the copier... and then tried moving files from your laptop to the destination pc to see if that works... might give some insights...

Did you check if the hard drive is full on the destination pc.. that can stop scanning...

Is the admin login used for scanning the default admin login for a server... if so it has a limited amount of concurrent connections it can maintain at a time... so if it has over a certain limit then it stops taking requests until it kills one of those connections or it times out... this is a setting that can be set at creation of the account... its a security feature that sometimes causes trouble for scanning... because scanning to folder can trigger this feature if its enabled in the account... fix is to create an admin account with the limited login feature disabled... rarely seen this one...

***did you check if the destination pc network setting was public if so that will stop scanning sometimes windows will turn it from private to public...
    *** did you check if the computer has pending windows updates... that can also stop scanning...
    *** (triple asterisk mark those are the things that have most often killed scanning for me)
    SMB is for scan to folder. Email uses SMTP..

For Gmail to work you have to either enable Less Secure Devices access in Gmail account settings, or enable 2-Step Verification and generate an App Password for the copier. Some time in the next year the latter will be made mandatory, and anyone using Less Secure will be unable to scan.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post

Thanks for reply.
    The password didnt change all the while due this email is register for machine auto email the meter count every month & already turn off all the security settings but google still keep blocking me to access in due is not recognize computer or what.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Hansen88 View Post
    I have had before where google was blocking it and In the gmail account I had to click on the security tab and allow it, let it know it was me and not a security issue.
    Actually i had try before this, at the first time google accept & let me register the new devices, but after all, google keep blocking me & all the security system already turn off

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by doyvid View Post

For Gmail to work you have to either enable Less Secure Devices access in Gmail account settings, or enable 2-Step Verification and generate an App Password for the copier. Some time in the next year the latter will be made mandatory, and anyone using Less Secure will be unable to scan.
    I already turn off all the security in google & had make 2 step verification, maybe i'll try generate the apps password & see later.
    Thanks

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skyfong View Post
    I already turn off all the security in google & had make 2 step verification, maybe i'll try generate the apps password & see later.
    Thanks
    To clarify, if using App Password, less secure device access should be off. And 2-step verification on.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Auto Email to Gmail

Quote Originally Posted by doyvid View Post

Google has recently disabled support for "Less secure devices". If the MFP does not support StarTLS then it is time to sell them a new machine that does.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Auto Email to Gmail

Is there any anti virus software installed that is blocking Port 587 used by Gmail?