Senior Tech 100+ Posts

MX-M365 adf issue

Randomly when you put a document in the document feeder it says open cover and remove jam. Opening and closing the ADF cover doesn’t always clear the code. It almost seems like there is an issue with the last sensor that the paper passes before it’s scanned.
    This is the first one of these I have ever seen so I’m not even sure how to get the actual jam code?
    Any suggestions ?
    Thanks
    Dave

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MX-M365 adf issue

Re: MX-M365 adf issue

Have you tried cleaning the document feeder? Removed covers and cleaned sensors and inspected? That would be a good start.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I have not yet, but I will Monday.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by copiertec View Post
    Have you tried cleaning the document feeder? Removed covers and cleaned sensors and inspected? That would be a good start.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts driving lots of miles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deputydogg View Post
    Randomly when you put a document in the document feeder it says open cover and remove jam. Opening and closing the ADF cover doesn’t always clear the code. It almost seems like there is an issue with the last sensor that the paper passes before it’s scanned.
    This is the first one of these I have ever seen so I’m not even sure how to get the actual jam code?
    Any suggestions ?
    Thanks
    Dave
    We have had this issue several times and the sensor flag in the lower transport unit in the ADF, it gets knocked out of place when the customer removes a Jam
    Last edited by driving lots of miles; 02-26-2021 at 10:15 PM. Reason: more info

MX-M365 adf issue

I have not yet, but I will Monday.
    Thanks
    I would suggest a can of compressed air and a screwdriver, covers are not to difficult to remove. Blow it out good, clean and check sensors, clean all rollers and go from there, dirty sensors cause strange things. I had one that would not recognize a document or show a jam when it was loaded, it was a dusty environment, so every couple of months, I would blow it out clean it up good and they would be good for the next couple of months.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Any suggestions ?
    Thanks
    Dave
    Jam Code?

Sharp & HP Tech 100+ Posts austonrush's Avatar

Please check your jam code in sim 22-6, also check your adf sensors in sim 2. Once done you'll know exactly which sensor is the issue. From there you can determine whether your sensor is dirty, has a jammed flag or is dead and requires replacement.

MX-M365 adf issue

We haven't heard back in over a week , so I am assuming the issue is fixed. Sharp came out with updated sensors for this series, however, cleaning and sometimes a extra wrap on the springs usually does the trick. I always enjoy getting to the sppd3 sensor on this series.

Sharp & HP Tech 100+ Posts austonrush's Avatar

We haven't heard back in over a week , so I am assuming the issue is fixed. Sharp came out with updated sensors for this series, however, cleaning and sometimes a extra wrap on the springs usually does the trick. I always enjoy getting to the sppd3 sensor on this series.
    yeah we wrap that spring an extra time as well! Sensors were quite unreliable from sharp for a couple years on all their machines from that era... better now at least! Still got a lot of these machines in the field.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I took ADF covers off , blew out all sensors, wrapped spring another round. No issues since.
    Sorry for the delay.
    Dave