Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sharp mx 6071 h5-01

I have a sharp MX-6071 that had a H4-00 upon arrival. I updated the firmware and now i am getting an H5-01 code then when I reset the code with simulation 14 the copier will register a jam. I replaced sensors POD 1,2 & 3 with no success. Tech support told us to try a new fuser which we do not have in stock so I don't want to buy a fuser to see if it will work or not. The fusing never comes up to temp it is just warm to the touch. My two choices I think are a fuser or a PCU PWB any input would be appreciated.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts mloudy's Avatar

Re: Sharp mx 6071 h5-01

An H5-01 is odd because it normally takes 5 jams in a row before it throws that code.

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mloudy View Post
    An H5-01 is odd because it normally takes 5 jams in a row before it throws that code.
    I was thinking the same thing, it comes from 5 jams in a row. You can go into SIM mode and disable this code to troubleshoot further.
    Pull the error log and check for other codes not being diplayed.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mojorolla View Post
    I was thinking the same thing, it comes from 5 jams in a row. You can go into SIM mode and disable this code to troubleshoot further.
    Pull the error log and check for other codes not being diplayed.

How to disable this code in sim mode ? Thank you .

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

I thought I had it in my notes but I cant seem to find it. Try this, SIM 7-1 and disable fuser error codes. As the h5-01 is tied to the POD1 sensor, you could also try misfeed disable to troubleshoot. I will keep looking for that setting.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

copierman 250+ Posts
    Sharp mx 6071 h5-01

In input test mode, what sensors are remaining on?

Also, as there is a sensor is on the fuser (pod1) , i would check the interconnection between the machine and the fuser, i remember a bulletin not so long back saying to clean the connections with a q tip.
    Networking skills are advantageous but use of a 3m vacuum cleaner is essential

Technician miller01123@gmail.com's Avatar

Had the same problem on 3 B&W fusers M3050, H5-01 with no other jams. I replaced POD1 sensor and haven't heard from any of them since.

I had this on 2 machines like that... Check voltages from wall..... both of the ones i tested had bad voltage drops.... do you have ESP boxes on all the copiers?

Quote Originally Posted by Dcopyman View Post
    I had this on 2 machines like that... Check voltages from wall..... both of the ones i tested had bad voltage drops.... do you have ESP boxes on all the copiers?
    I have a mx-m3570 im fighting this as well.upgraded firmware. h5-01 but no jams are showing in 23-2 printout...replaced all sensors on fuser,pcu,mfp boards.its on a power filter shows 122-124v after 5 minuets..following just got a call back today.. the building has 3 other like machines.
    Last edited by Motorol1956; 07-07-2021 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Adding to story

WE had an M6071 doin this randomly, After firmware power monitor and all these different things it seems that fuser thermistors took care of the issue, haven't heard from them in several months now.

Ours had not had any jams in over 8 months and the H5-01 would come up when idle or customer was scanning half the time. The Thermistor idea was brought up by one of the Sharp Hotline Techs as they said they had a few reported issues with this.
    “Boring damned people. All over the earth. Propagating more boring damned people. What a horror show. The earth swarmed with them.” Buk