Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

MXC300W not printing multiples across wifi

I got an MXC300W copier everything is working great on it except one thing that just started about 1 month ago. There are 3 computers in this environment, 2 hard wired and 1 wireless. The 2 hard wired pc's print multiple sheets just fine, the 1 wireless pc will only print 1 copy of your print job no matter how many you put in. if you select 2, 3, 4, + from the driver and it will only print 1 copy of the document.

I had my phone with me with sharpdesk mobile and tried to print from my phone, same issue, if I press 2+ copies of the document it will only print 1.

On their PC I did reload drivers, even tried some older PCL5 drivers, PCL6 and PS drivers. Firmware updated machine was only 1 revision behind though. Can't really tell any other problems with it. Is this possibly a network issue?

Technician

Re: MXC300W not printing multiples across wifi

Ping the machine from the wireless pc's. If you get drop outs the problem is wireless connectivity. They may need to switch down to 2.4ghz wifi or change the broadcast channels to a spectrum with less interference. You can use a wifi analyzer from the microsoft store on windows to determine which channel would work best. I deal with this issue all the time when wifi connectivity is involved.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

after placing this machine on a new router (tried a few routers) and connecting with wifi it turns out it still has this issue so it has nothing to do with the router or network. Maybe it has to do with the wifi receiver on the machine itself? I am guessing this is part of the network board.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    MXC300W not printing multiples across wifi

Quote Originally Posted by hellcat View Post
    after placing this machine on a new router (tried a few routers) and connecting with wifi it turns out it still has this issue so it has nothing to do with the router or network. Maybe it has to do with the wifi receiver on the machine itself? I am guessing this is part of the network board.
    NO the wifi receivers on these machines are shitty usb powered devices with no antennas!!! Believe it or not when you get to the wifi receiver it looks like it has two post for antennas like cell phones do, except nothing is connected to them. It's a shitty design flaw not having a antenna like laptops and cellphones do.