Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: MX5111N Copy quality automatically adjusting after every copy

Quote Originally Posted by pohaku View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I will clean the sensors and think Im just gonna do a full pm.. I do not believe this model copier has the calibration jig. Correct me if I'm wrong tho. Thanks again.

Josh
    this does use a jig. It is the same one as the 3501-5001 used. I am a factory trained tech on this model so I’ve seen it a lot lol probably more than I want to.

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Check the power at the outlet as this is a 20amp machine. I have seen Sharps do this when they do not have enough input voltage as the fuser struggles to keep temperature. As mentioned, check and clean the sensors. There is also a way to set CQ auto adjustments via service mode.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Prints Charming's Avatar

I agree with Mojo.
    I've seen this exact symptom in 2 cases, separate to those already mentioned.
    The Fuser is not staying at operating temperature. A single sheet fed through will pull heat from the fuser belt, which then detects as low heat, and the message Please Wait follows while warmup occurs again.
    Also, does this device have the Large Capacity Tray installed, and being used as default tray? A faulty PF or Transport Clutch, or slipping torque limiter in the PF unit of the Large Capacity Tray will also cause this message. The lead edge is fed at the incorrect timing, causing the prepared image on the transfer belt to be cleaned off and started again. The message should say Cleaning Transfer Belt, but it does say Please Wait message instead. If no Large Capacity Tray is installed, ignore this and check the Fuser Unit lamps and any paper wrapped under the fuser belt blocking thermostats & contact thermistors.

Technician

The fuser was the issue. I want to thank you guys (All of you except for one) for the replies. Very much appreciated.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pohaku View Post
    The fuser was the issue. I want to thank you guys (All of you except for one) for the replies. Very much appreciated.
    Just reading this thread after you posted you had it sorted. What was the issue with the fuser?

I was going to suggest checking the drive gear on the primary transfer. They used to break on the drive pin. Although they seemed to sort that with an improved gear.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by sharphead View Post
    Just reading this thread after you posted you had it sorted. What was the issue with the fuser?

I was going to suggest checking the drive gear on the primary transfer. They used to break on the drive pin. Although they seemed to sort that with an improved gear.
    Thermistors were bad.

When I read the first post I immediately thought fuser. I had the same problem with an MX-M465, except it was a technician induced problem. A technician replaced the fuser but had ordered a 220v fuser by mistake. The machine had the exact same symptoms, it would run a few pages and then stop with the message adjusting image. I just replaced the 220v lamp with a 110v lamp (out of the old fuser) and all was good. I'm glad you found the problem!