Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bilyahn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Quincy, CA
    Posts
    1,300
    Rep Power
    46

    MX6070N blk pulling developer

    I checked this post out. Sharp MX6070 F4-20 EE-EL Issue

    Not quite the same as ours. We have a MX6070 that is pulling developer on a regular basis. The time frame varies from a couple of months to a week or so. Machine has 198K black and 312K color,
    firmware is current. Not having issues with the color drums just black.

    Have replaced process unit, developer unit and primary transfer belt (some several times). All of sim 8-1, 8-2 and 8-6 are correct. Charge does not get contaminated normally, it will pull developer by having an excess amount on the drum towards the rear frame and dumping it into the waste container which fills up abnormally fast. All grounds appear to be good. Here is a picture of what the drum looks like

    20210319_092659.jpg

    If you feel the drum you can tell there is a lot of DV material.

    Thank you in advance for your time and effort in this matter.

    Bil

  2. #2
    Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    MX6070N blk pulling developer

    blackcat4866's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lapeer, Michigan
    Posts
    19,504
    Rep Power
    371

    Re: MX6070N blk pulling developer

    I'll assume that you're new process unit has a new primary charge in it. If I saw this issue, I would assume that the primary charge unit is unevenly positioned too close to the drum on the side that's pulling developer. Corona, needle electrode, or roller primary charge? =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

    blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

  3. #3
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bilyahn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Quincy, CA
    Posts
    1,300
    Rep Power
    46

    Re: MX6070N blk pulling developer

    Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    I'll assume that you're new process unit has a new primary charge in it. If I saw this issue, I would assume that the primary charge unit is unevenly positioned too close to the drum on the side that's pulling developer. Corona, needle electrode, or roller primary charge? =^..^=
    Yes, new drum and charge in each instance. Sawtooth corona I guess you would call it. It has occurred pretty much that same with both process units. Maybe we need to check to see if there is a modified/upgraded unit and make sure we have the correct one. Not much I can do about the positioning of the charge unit, it slides in from the front but I will check to see if there is a problem with it's positioning. I would think that the charge would get contaminated if this was the problem? I should mention that I have swapped process units with color ones and the problem doesn't follow the drum, it is specific to black.

    Thank you for the response

    Bil

  4. #4
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MX6070N blk pulling developer

    copiertec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Centereach, L.I. New York
    Posts
    1,172
    Rep Power
    49

    Re: MX6070N blk pulling developer

    Have you replaced the BLACK Developing unit with the latest updated one (DUNT-9290DS36)? There were a ton of updates on it. All so make sure the doctor blade cover is installed correctly, so the pins on either end of the cover are seated properly and the doctor blade cover is flush with the developing unit frame.
    Last edited by copiertec; 04-21-2021 at 02:02 PM.

  5. #5
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bilyahn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Quincy, CA
    Posts
    1,300
    Rep Power
    46

    Re: MX6070N blk pulling developer

    Quote Originally Posted by copiertec View Post
    Have you replaced the BLACK Developing unit with the latest updated one (DUNT-9290DS36)? There were a ton of updates on it. All so make sure the doctor blade cover is installed correctly, so the pins on either end of the cover are seated properly and the doctor blade cover is flush with the developing unit frame.
    I believe it is but we have swapped out so many developer units in the last couple of years I am not 100% sure. Cover is flush as far as I can tell snaps into place without having to be forced and looks good.

    Bil

  6. #6
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MX6070N blk pulling developer

    copiertec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Centereach, L.I. New York
    Posts
    1,172
    Rep Power
    49

    Re: MX6070N blk pulling developer

    Quote Originally Posted by bilyahn View Post
    I believe it is but we have swapped out so many developer units in the last couple of years I am not 100% sure. Cover is flush as far as I can tell snaps into place without having to be forced and looks good.

    Bil
    Just to make sure, you can pull out the developing unit and I believe the P/N is located to the left.

  7. #7
    Technician
    MX6070N blk pulling developer

    EasyRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Posts
    40
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: MX6070N blk pulling developer

    Because Sharp keeps changing the part numbers so often on these DV box and DV units, see Bulletin CCE-2305 dated April 2021 for the current part numbers. (as of this writing)

  8. #8
    Technician
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: MX6070N blk pulling developer

    had a simular issue, ended up replacing dv unit, drum unit and hc pwb. problem hasnt returned

  9. #9
    Technician
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Chattanooga, TN
    Posts
    31
    Rep Power
    5

    Re: MX6070N blk pulling developer

    Try executing sim 5-4 without drum and dv units installed to check the discharge lamps. It is very tiny in size and often gets dusted with toner and greatly reduces the led output. If bad dirty, it will pull dv.

  10. #10
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4,067
    Rep Power
    185

    Re: MX6070N blk pulling developer

    Quote Originally Posted by kdr363 View Post
    Try executing sim 5-4 without drum and dv units installed to check the discharge lamps. It is very tiny in size and often gets dusted with toner and greatly reduces the led output. If bad dirty, it will pull dv.
    I don't do Sharp but this sounds more than possible. Parts of drum surface will be constantly overcharged due to bad discharge thus pulling developer along with toner. Fortunately in all brands very rare cases nowadays.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

    Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here