Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Master Technical Support best-tech's Avatar

Sharp MX-C507F LEXMARK 500 GB Hard Drive (27X0400)

Does anybody know of a less expensive hard drive for the Sharp-Marks. Need one for a MX-C357F? Over $400 from Sharp

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts mloudy's Avatar

Re: Sharp MX-C507F LEXMARK 500 GB Hard Drive (27X0400)

We buy HDDs for Lexmarks as a part and not an accessory. As an example, for the XC4140 the accessory HDD is $362.89 and the part is $201.92. What comes in the box is exactly the same.

For the Sharpmarks I am not exactly sure that there isn't some Sharp specific watermark firmware on the HDD you would order. I haven't looked into them that deep yet. If the Service Manual/Parts Guide lists something like 40X9934 for the HDD then it would be a blank HDD straight from Lexmark.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts mloudy's Avatar

So I think you would be looking for Part# 40X9934 as it lists the Lexmark XC4240 as a compatible model. Pretty sure the XC4240 is the MX-C357F. Once you have the kit with the brackets and cable you can just buy a HDD from anywhere if it ever fails. I have tried to souce the cable and bracket to make my own "HDD Kit" but found nothing online.

I connot be held accountable if you let the smoke out of the machine when you power it up with my suggested HDD

Master Technical Support best-tech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mloudy View Post
    So I think you would be looking for Part# 40X9934 as it lists the Lexmark XC4240 as a compatible model. Pretty sure the XC4240 is the MX-C357F. Once you have the kit with the brackets and cable you can just buy a HDD from anywhere if it ever fails. I have tried to souce the cable and bracket to make my own "HDD Kit" but found nothing online.

I connot be held accountable if you let the smoke out of the machine when you power it up with my suggested HDD
    I'll have a fire extinguisher nearby just incase the smoke wants to get out . I'll let you know...thanks