Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

SHARP MX6050N CPFD1N jamming

I have a Sharp MX6050N machine in the field with a history of CPFD1_N jamming. Machine is outfitted with 3 tray desk plus the machine try for a total of 4, with a rb25 and saddle stitch finisher. Unit has latest 7.90 firmware. no dsk. I was not the first tech to get the call but I have been working on it since the first couple calls. At onset, when the jam happened multiple pages would be pulled and stopped right before ppd2 at the ps unit. no other trays in desk unit jam at all and it is a de28 n desk so it has all the mods on it. When I got out there the first time I found they are running Hammermill color copy paper 28lb in all trays. I checked to make sure trays are adjusted and paper is loaded correctly. Machine is set to high fusing mode 23-28+ so it will allow running that paper on plain setting in the trays. I ran 50-10 adj for trays and got that perfect. I went ahead and also replaced the vertical path/ tray 1 feed head since there is a bulletin on it for cpfd1 jamming and I have installed the spacer on rear of tray as stated in same bulletin. Feed rollers were replaced as well. I also replaced the drive section that drives the tray for feed and lift, plus the vertical drive, and the feed rollers and the tray as well (I know it isn't the tray but had to rule it out) I did repeat 50-10 again which was pretty much good already. Machine seems to run fine for a while and then will jam maybe 5-8 times over a couple days and then back to normal. On my first visit I observed machine was connected to cubicle power outlet and client refused to allow me to move it. checked outlet and power was 115.1 vac and 1.52 g2n. not great but not the worst I have seen. Last visit was in March and machine had no jams until last Friday. same jam code but I could not duplicate today at site visit. I checked wall voltage again and got the same numbers. I moved it to another outlet this time which wasn't being used....121vac 0.34 g2n. Going to install a power monitor to see if anything changes.....I am aware that the machine is supposed to be installed on a dedicated 20A 115V outlet, however I cannot force the client to provide one. I did not install the machine originally so I could not address that at the start. Jams seem to occur at 10-50 pages between jams, when it happens but they ran 12000 pages since last bunch of jams.
    I have repeated testing each visit using normal 20lb universal brand paper and could not get either paper to jam after replacing the vertical/feed head and drive section so I cannot verify the jam looks the same. All I can say for sure is the jam code is the same.

I am wondering if anyone has had anything like this come up or maybe has any suggestions. I am factory certified on this model and I have 15 years experience on Sharp machines, so I kind of know what I am doing. I am simply reaching out to see if anyone has any ideas or has had something like this before. I appreciate any suggestions or ideas you may have.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    SHARP MX6050N CPFD1N jamming

Re: SHARP MX6050N CPFD1N jamming

Given the work you've done, I would provide a case of paper and let them run that for a while.

And this is a reflective sensor correct? I was surprised to learn just how tricky it is to see the backstop for CPFD1. You must really get on your knees and clean the backstop that is well beneath the right side door. Any dust there will be an issue.