Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: sharp mx3050n

  1. #1
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    littleton, colo
    Posts
    92
    Rep Power
    10

    sharp mx3050n

    Just got in a mx3050n. I cant do a firmware download. machine also say no output tray allowed. does not see second tray or the adf. Im thinking the main logic board is needing to be replaced. Just getting some thoughts on this. Thanks

  2. #2
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    sharp mx3050n


    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Waukegan IL
    Posts
    525
    Rep Power
    37

    Re: sharp mx3050n

    Quote Originally Posted by clark View Post
    Just got in a mx3050n. I cant do a firmware download. machine also say no output tray allowed. does not see second tray or the adf. Im thinking the main logic board is needing to be replaced. Just getting some thoughts on this. Thanks
    Why cant you do a firmware download? I have had machines come in where the lower feed cabinet was not plugged in. Does not explain doc feed though.

  3. #3
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    littleton, colo
    Posts
    92
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: sharp mx3050n

    Machine just locks up trying to do down load. You hit the firmware list from the drive but the machine never starts the download. Also the toner dont register on the dipsplay. Machine just acts like it does not know what to do. Thanks

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Williams Lake
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: sharp mx3050n

    Quote Originally Posted by clark View Post
    Machine just locks up trying to do down load. You hit the firmware list from the drive but the machine never starts the download. Also the toner dont register on the dipsplay. Machine just acts like it does not know what to do. Thanks

    I've had times where I'd have to walk away for a bit and everything would load for firmware update while I was gone , some machines seem to be slower than the rest, I believe my longest wait was about 20 minutes.

  5. #5
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    sharp mx3050n

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    14,102
    Rep Power
    370

    Re: sharp mx3050n

    Quote Originally Posted by dmetz View Post
    I've had times where I'd have to walk away for a bit and everything would load for firmware update while I was gone , some machines seem to be slower than the rest, I believe my longest wait was about 20 minutes.
    i have had some xerox that took 40 mins to start the altboot process.. people are in too much of a hurry. calm down take your time

    is the USB device formatted in FAT32 and about 2gig in size?

  6. #6
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts mloudy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Greenville, OH
    Posts
    135
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: sharp mx3050n

    Have you tried a firmware update through the internal Service webpage?

    If you haven't already I would do a wipe in the Security Settings and then see if anything changes.

  7. #7
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    littleton, colo
    Posts
    92
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: sharp mx3050n

    thanks. I will give that a try.

  8. #8
    The Wolf 1,000+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    C-town
    Posts
    1,951
    Rep Power
    76

    Re: sharp mx3050n

    Have you tried the emergency firmware using the switch on the MFP board ?
    This procedure will overwrite all firmware where as the normal update will only update lower versions.
    Don't use a USB 3.0 or a drive bigger than 32gb.


    Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

  9. #9
    Technician Blind Avocado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Rialto, CA
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: sharp mx3050n

    These machines use a SSD instead of a SD card. If the CN update (emergency update) doesn't work, it is probably a bad SSD. I have seen one go bad before.

  10. #10
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    littleton, colo
    Posts
    92
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: sharp mx3050n

    So i cant do update. Is the ssd the very small board on the mfp board. Machine has multi problems. Adf does not show and the extra tray does not show. And the toner quantity does not show on display. and now the setting button say please wait for ever. Sound to me a bad board problem. I think i need to send to Hytec for repair. and also say no out put tray is allowed. Help. Thanks The machine only has 19k on it.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here