Authentication with chromebook

Hi

Does anyone know how to print with a Chromebook on an MX-5071 with user number authentication? Or the way to modify the ppd with the user number by default? Thanks.

Re: Authentication with chromebook

I haven't looked into this lately but shortly after this series was released I called Sharp about this very issue and they said User Authentication was not supported for Chromebooks. I haven't found very many things Chromebooks are good for
    “Boring damned people. All over the earth. Propagating more boring damned people. What a horror show. The earth swarmed with them.” Buk

Quote Originally Posted by ledoux View Post
    I haven't looked into this lately but shortly after this series was released I called Sharp about this very issue and they said User Authentication was not supported for Chromebooks. I haven't found very many things Chromebooks are good for
    yes, Sharp tells me the same thing ... in fact you can "print" with Chromebook using the Onedrive connector ... but with a ppd, with the authentication and the document filing by default, I think it could be solved, I try, but my knowledge is limited, I am a poor Sharp technician ... Thank you very much for the reply.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Dustin(WOP)'s Avatar

Papercut has released a FREE software called Papercut Mobility Print. You install the software on a PC, load windows drivers on the PC, default a user code in the windows PC driver, and download mobility print on the chromebook. Have a couple of customers using this now and have not heard of any issues, besides needing to reboot the PC from time to time due to lockups.
    Might be something worth looking into.

I'll will try it. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin(WOP) View Post
    Papercut has released a FREE software called Papercut Mobility Print. You install the software on a PC, load windows drivers on the PC, default a user code in the windows PC driver, and download mobility print on the chromebook. Have a couple of customers using this now and have not heard of any issues, besides needing to reboot the PC from time to time due to lockups.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin(WOP) View Post
    I just tried this method working with a konica, and it seems like I have to buy the MF product to get authentication prints going. I can send a print job from the chromebook over to the konica via my PC no problem, but when I enable authentication printing and print, it goes straight to deleted due to error, and the username is showing up as System.