Thread: E7-11 MX-B476W

Angry E7-11 MX-B476W

Brand new machine that popped an E7-11. We cleared it before delivery to the customer. Started call with bad copy quality issues. Cleaned the glass, mirrors, lens, LED. Issue resolved for a week. Code popped again, I cleaned everything again and used the shading chart. Shading chart appeared to fix issue. Two weeks later the code threw again. I called Tech Support and was suggested to replace the CCD. This fixed the issue again, but again only for about two weeks. I was suggested to check mirror parallelism, if the doc feeder sits flushly, and the white plates. I checked and adjusted everything that appeared to need adjusting and this did not alleviate the code. I then ordered a new scanner control board and replaced that. I tried first with the EEPROM that came with the board and then swapped for the old EEPROM. Neither worked, and the OC Shading is saying "CCD Error." DSPF Shading will complete, but the E7-11 code fights to live another day.

There is almost nothing else we can think of, and Tech Support has no further suggestions. This machine is still under warranty so all the parts we have replaced thus far have been covered. At this point we are about to reach out to our Dealer Contact over a warranty claim for a new machine.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Zach

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    E7-11 MX-B476W

Re: E7-11 MX-B476W

Quote Originally Posted by ZachHarbour View Post
    Brand new machine that popped an E7-11. We cleared it before delivery to the customer. Started call with bad copy quality issues. Cleaned the glass, mirrors, lens, LED. Issue resolved for a week. Code popped again, I cleaned everything again and used the shading chart. Shading chart appeared to fix issue. Two weeks later the code threw again. I called Tech Support and was suggested to replace the CCD. This fixed the issue again, but again only for about two weeks. I was suggested to check mirror parallelism, if the doc feeder sits flushly, and the white plates. I checked and adjusted everything that appeared to need adjusting and this did not alleviate the code. I then ordered a new scanner control board and replaced that. I tried first with the EEPROM that came with the board and then swapped for the old EEPROM. Neither worked, and the OC Shading is saying "CCD Error." DSPF Shading will complete, but the E7-11 code fights to live another day.

There is almost nothing else we can think of, and Tech Support has no further suggestions. This machine is still under warranty so all the parts we have replaced thus far have been covered. At this point we are about to reach out to our Dealer Contact over a warranty claim for a new machine.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Zach

i would have replaced under warranty before doing all that . Just a waste of time. Do it now.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts mloudy's Avatar

I would contact your RSS. With this small of a machine they might just replace it instead of having the RSS visit and try to fix it before they issue a warranty replacement. I would have a detailed written explaination of everything done and replaced and send it to the RSS. Maybe just put it all in the notes of the Hotline ticket.

Headed out there one more time because my supervisor wanted to tag along. Finally came to the fact that we need to reach out to our DSS.

Thanks for yall's help

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts mloudy's Avatar

We have never had to get a new machine replaced under warranty but I know they will because our RSS has told me stories. I don't mind putting a little time and warrantied parts into a new machine every few years but you are likely getting to the point that your labor will soon be more than the cost of the machine. I love a challenge but not with a new machine.

Quote Originally Posted by mloudy View Post
    We have never had to get a new machine replaced under warranty but I know they will because our RSS has told me stories. I don't mind putting a little time and warrantied parts into a new machine every few years but you are likely getting to the point that your labor will soon be more than the cost of the machine. I love a challenge but not with a new machine.
    Yeah, I don't mind the challenge either but the MFP is out of town. So each trip out, with another failed attempt at a solution was just costing us money. Definitely seemed more worth it to have our RSS have the machine.